Lead Cloud Architect is required by our national professional services client. This could be based in either Birmingham, Bristol, Reading or London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a flexible and dynamic organisation with new leadership and an annual turnover in excess of 1.5Bn. Our client has a lot of investment and strong project pipeline for the next 3-5 years and extensive growth plans. They also offer an autonomous working environment as well as assignments on cutting edge technology projects such as cloud/infrastructure propositions through the UK. The customer base is varied and a real mix of market sectors as split across both private and public-sector customers.
The Lead Cloud Architect will need at least 10 years experience of working in a professional services technology role, with significant experience of architecting and implementing cloud solutions.
Your duties will be providing highly skilled cloud solution governance, broad subject matter expertise on Hybrid, Multi-cloud and associated technologies, and helping to drive cloud-specific solutions, services, methodologies, tools and accelerators throughout the organisation.
This role will be focused around Azure & AWS cloud platforms primarily, so a strong & demonstrable practical background across these technologies is essential.
We are looking for a passionate cloud evangelist who can not only have the cloud journey conversations with client CX but also hold their own technically and solve complex problems. You would be involved in shaping the roadmap for the client, developing/refining services/artefacts/cost models and assisting in developing and packaging new technologies/tools for assessment, implementation and support of cloud. Assisting Sales in bids/rfps as the specialist. Developing core supplier relationships (Microsoft/Amazon etc)
At least 10 years of experience working in a professional services technology role
Significant experience in architecting and implementing cloud solutions
Expert knowledge of Azure cloud platform features and capabilities including:
- Azure networking & automationo ASR and Azure Backup
- Azure AD and Domain Serviceso COSMOS DB
- Azure Portal and ARM
Expert knowledge of Amazon Web Services cloud platform features and capabilities including:
- S3, EC2, EMR, Glue, Kinesis, SWF, SQS/SNS etc.
- AWS Lambda
- Redshift, RDS, RDBMS
- AWS Security, IAM, Groups etc
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft cloud identity and access management
- Thorough understanding of key foundational technologies including network and network security infrastructure, storage area networking, and virtualisation
- Experience/knowledge of Azure Pack/Stack
- Professional qualifications eg MCSA/MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Solutions Architect
- An in-depth knowledge of industry standards and cloud architecture best practice techniques
- Experienced in the management and motivation of technical personnel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also unaided
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to adapt and prioritise workloads to meet client objectives
- Ability to anticipate, communicate, and mitigate technical risks and issues