Lingfield Park Resort is seeking a driven Kitchen Porter to join the team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Lingfield Park a great company to work for – it’s an exciting time to get on board!
The successful Kitchen Porter will report to the Head Chef or the Senior Chef on Duty and will be required to work in the Hotel Kitchen and associated back of house areas being responsible for cleanliness, in line with department and legal standards, for all areas of the kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment.
- To undertake duties in a thorough and methodical manner to ensure that departmental and legal standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
- To arrive on duty in accordance with the departmental rota, dressed correctly.
- To clean all kitchen utensils and other light equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- To store clean kitchen utensils and other light equipment in a tidy and safe manner; ensuring that all items are easily located when needed and are ready for use.
- To clean all fixed items of equipment, tables, work tops and floors in the kitchens and food preparation rooms, to maintain them in a safe and clean condition.
- To keep all store rooms and refrigerators clean and tidy to the highest standard of hygiene, to enable food items to be stored safely.
- To ensure bins in the kitchens are emptied regularly and kept clean, with all rubbish being correctly disposed of in accordance with the company Environmental Policy.
- To report any damaged or defective machinery, equipment and utensils to the Head of Department.
- To assist the chefs, from time to time, in certain simple food preparation tasks as directed by the chef in charge.
- To take responsibility for the presentation and cleanliness of the yard.
- To report any emergencies or accidents to the Head of Department as soon as possible after they arise.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the Head of Department or Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- GCSE’s or Equivalent
- Previous experience of meeting and exceeding standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- An eye for detail
In return we will offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
Hours of work are 48 hours per week. Flexibility towards weekend and evening work is a pre-requisite of this role.
If this sounds like you please don’t hesitate to send a CV and covering letter detailing your current salary, the role and where you saw the position advertised to:
The closing date is 10th June 2018We look forward to hearing from you.