Job Description SummaryAn exciting opportunity to work in a new role as part of a strong team, in a world class organisation, with an industry leading brand. Based in the South East UK, this role will provide varied and interesting responsibilities, combining sales of capital equipment, reagents and supporting Key Industry Accounts. Support and development opportunities will be provided to realise the successful applicant’s full potential in the role and future positions. The successful applicant can look forward to a competitive salary and commission package, company car, mobile phone and other benefits.
The focus for this person will be in sales of flow cytometry and single-cell multi-omic instrumentation and associated reagents, through direct sales activities, as well as establishing collaborative relationships with UKI Key Accounts. The aim being to grow and develop the revenue within the designated accounts, through creating and implementing plans that enable customers to achieve their objectives with the help of BD technology, capabilities and support in partnership.
- Managing sales of BD Flow Cytometry and BD Single-Cell Multi-Omics solutions within UKI Key Accounts.
- Developing long-term partnering relationships within UK Key Accounts across different levels and functions within the organisations.
- Joint creation and execution of Key Account plans with annual objectives in close collaboration with customers, the Strategic Account Manager and UKI Marketing Team
- Mapping of UKI Key Accounts to identify and engage with key departments and stakeholders, in order to discover new business development opportunities that leverage BD products, services and support.
- Acts as the primary customer points of contact for sales, commercial and operational activities within UKI Key Accounts. For example, coordinating negotiation, contracts, sales activity, attendance at exhibitions, organising meetings/demonstrations and scientific/technical support.
- Ensure growth targets for UKI Key Accounts are met through execution of the above activities.
- Participation in UKI sales meetings, and regular reporting summarising account objectives, progress, trends, opportunities and threats for the organisation from the marketplace.
- BSc/Msc or equivalent in a Life Science discipline or a related subject and/or have several years of laboratory experience
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of the life sciences market and industries
- It would be an advantage to have experience of selling research and/or clinical products and services into Pharma, Biotech and Contract Research accounts.
- Experience managing direct sales of high-value capital equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and molecular single-cell technologies would be a distinct advantage but is not crucial.
- Having experience or knowledge in a T-cell therapy related area would be an advantage.
- For the right candidate, previous sales/commercial experience is not necessary. However, if this experience is not present, a strong scientific and technical background combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a keen interest to lean in a commercial environment.
- Highly motivated by the purpose of helping customers to advance the field of immunology, and driven to achieve business results.
- Customer centric mind-set with a professional attitude.
- Ability to speak, listen and prepare written communication effectively
- Development of interpersonal relationships and values teamwork.
- Demonstrates values, competencies and cultural priorities that align with the BD Leadership Model
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/