Junior Test Analyst (Automation) – Permanent – Bristol
Our client is a leading technology company and looking for a Junior Test Analyst to work in their UK office based in Bristol with expertise in automation, functional testing.
The purpose of this position is to help to increase the overall quality of the code changes that are being made (and released) to the company’s core web-service, and to help improve the effectiveness of QA.
Essential Skills:• Experience with functional testing tools
• Experience of working in an Agile environment
• Strong passion for technology and attention to detail
• Experience of creating test scenarios and acceptance tests against user stories.
Desirable Skills:• Knowledge of BDD and/or TDD theory
• Knowledge of using and analysing JSON/XML objects
• Knowledge of front end and web testing
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with test tools for scripting and defect tracking
Responsibilities are as follows:• Working within an Agile Sprint, performing QA on either new features or bug fixes (depending on the Sprint).
• Attending Sprint meetings, to gain awareness of what's coming out of development, and when.
• Work closely with the development team where required, to gain a good understanding of what each development entails.
• Reporting of bugs to developers.
• Help automate Regression, Feature and Integration testing.
• Execution of Test plans for new features within set timescales
• Execution of automated tests for client websites (regression and feature testing)
• Manual testing of multiple client websites across multiple browsers for both the desktop and mobile
• Testing of new features and bug fixes for core products and API
• Reporting of bugs with detailed, accurate descriptions and reproduction steps