Java Developer / Tech Lead (J2EE / Spring Boot)
6 Month Rolling Contract
Snr Java Developer / Technical Lead needed with full stack development experience. 6 month initial contract based in Birmingham.
An opportunity to work with a leading global IT services company on a large Public Sector e-commerce project. Start ASAP in Feb/March 2018.
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / DUTIES...
- In-depth hands-on Java / J2EE, Spring Boot, Apache Camel and Open Source tools expertise.
- Technical Lead level, including experience of leading a Development Team, running Scrum ceremonies and driving development activity.
- Previous experience of large-scale integration projects, including web services (SOAP and RESTful), messaging and distributed systems.
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Powermock, JMock, DBUnit etc).
- Agile / Scrum development methods. Any experience of TDD, BDD or Kanban would be helpful.
- Continuous Integration methodologies (Maven, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube).
- Experience of the following would be useful - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Skyscape, VMware, vSphere virtual infrastructure.
- Candidates must be eligible to undergo SC Security Clearance.
- Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
- If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets. We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Software Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.