Do you have a proven track record of new business generation?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for an Internal New Sales Business Development Executive to join our dynamic team based in Milton Keynes.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, is delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s business assurance team provides a comprehensive range of auditing and certification services ensuring that management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
Products and services are only as good as the management systems that support them. Intertek provide the tools needed to evaluate and continually improve business processes. With a high level of technical expertise and a customer-focused approach, they look beyond the standard to provide audit that add strategic value to a business.
About the role
The role will cover two main areas in the Business Assurance division:
• Third-party management systems
• Second-party supplier auditing
This is a pure sales role securing contracts with companies for their auditing requirements.
The role will involve:
• Prospecting and developing new clients and opportunities within identified target areas.
• Lead generation in support of marketing activities
• Prepare, follow up and report on quotations issued in a timely manner
• Building a trusting relationship with new clients & consultants.
• Exploring new opportunities through the use of Social Media Platforms
• Updating local database
• Issuing Proposals
• Completing Compliance / Technical Documentation.
• Cooperation with other sales, marketing, audit and technical teams
• Application Review and approval (where qualification is available)
• Attend face to face client meetings
• Attending and participating in Trade Shows, Exhibitions, Networking Events
Required skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Proven track record of new business generation via all Platforms
• Experience in B2B telesales
• Ability to seek and retain technical information related to service offering
• Ability to build and sustain relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
• Ideally have experience with conformity assessment industry
• Experience of attending face to face meetings with clients
• Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
• Able to act on own initiative
• Excellent time management
• A serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines
Why join Intertek?
For more than 130 years, Intertek’s story has always been about innovation. In 1885 we began testing and certifying grain cargoes before they were put to sea, and in 1888 we pioneered the idea of independent testing laboratories. Then in 1896, the greatest inventor of them all became part of our story - Thomas Edison, who released the wonders of electricity and the light bulb in a Quality Assured way. This is a journey we now continue, through our network of 43,000 talented and energised people across multiple global business lines.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions, as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies