We are looking for a talented individual who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Sales team in our Bolton depot. This role is a permanent contract for an Internal Account Manager. Working alongside the Sales Manager you will effectively monitor the day to day customer experience for a portfolio of customers, ensuring agreed standards are provided. You will liaise with implementation, sales and operations colleagues to ensure a coordinated and consistent support for customer's queries and or related processes to support customer retention and satisfaction.
As an Internal Account Manager you will review performance to defined contract KPI's and make suggestions or recommendations to improve profitability, including making and recommendations for changes in related contract terms/service levels agreements to benefit the customer and the company. You will also support the P&P Account Directors on their strategic account portfolio.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of agreed targets within agreed budget to meet the wider requirements of the business for the defined customer portfolio.
- Ensure contractually agreed service standards are provided to individual customers.
- Review performance to contract terms being sure to highlight any discrepancies.
- Contribute to the development of customer and or sector specific plans to deliver agreed targets
- Develop a contact relationship management plan for review and approval by line manager and implement the agreed plan with the aims of client retention and identification of new sales.
- Liaise with all necessary internal colleagues to optimise service quality, customer satisfaction and debt improvement.
- Contribute to any contractual negotiations and or re-negotiations for defined customer portfolio and produce any related contractual documents as required.
- Provide customers with regular reports in agreed timescales.
- Understand and work within policy standards of individual customers to ensure service provisions/ requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide administrative support to contracts outside defined portfolio base, as required.
- Effectively utilize the relevant software to maintain accurate and up to date records.
- Keep all Company equipment safe and in a good state of repair.
- Stall and parcel industry.io., well as new business. Share experiences, ideas and techniques in order to assist with the training of new hires.
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant industry code of practice.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To provide support to the P&P Account Directors on their strategic account portfolio.
- Liaising with Customer Service to resolve day to day operational issues
Account Manager | Internal | Account | Manager | Sales | KPI
Sales Commission, Company Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style, amount, and format based upon audience.
- Ability to influence at colleague level.
- Able to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Ability to effectively conduct business over the phone.
- Able to understand and empathise with customer needs whilst balancing their needs with that of Company.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Basic knowledge of postal and parcel industry as well as knowledge of any specific market sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of Whistl products and services.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
- High attention to details with emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness.
- At least six months to one year relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to effectively question or challenge things if they don't appear to be correct or are not understood.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the postal or logistics industry and relevant competitive marketplace
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally.
Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.