Infrastructure Technical Lead required in York, North Yorkshire by a global market leader. The successful candidate must have in-depth core skills across Azure, O365 and Sharepoint (as a minimum)
Technical Skills involved:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of the Microsoft technology stack including Azure, O365 and SharePoint.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of ESX and other virtual technologies
- Good Working knowledge and experience of SQL (on-prem & public cloud)
- Demonstrable experience of Azure (and AWS if at all possible) and direct experience of running and migrating other workloads to public cloud services.
- Experience of infrastructure to public cloud migrations
- Experience with Citrix and/or other RDP technologies
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of MSSQL services and how they integrate with other applications and services operating as *aaS.
- A curiosity, ability and desire to learn and gain experience with technology, systems and processes that are new or fall outside your comfort zone
- Ability to capture and analyse business requirements and convert this in to a technical proposal
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networks such that you can configure devices on multiple networks, apply and understand DNS configuration, server maintenance, patching and Windows Firewall
- Wider understanding of Microsoft applications other than those listed, UNIX based technology platforms, common technologies used to provision network services (e.g. load balancers, VPN, remote desktop) and experience of automating the provisioning, maintenance and release of infrastructure and / or applications would be looked on as extremely favourable for this role
My client is looking for a Technical Lead to join the team in a role that will allow you to maintain your hands-on technical skills whilst also allowing you to progress and develop yourself in the areas of pre-sales, sales support, public cloud services and consultancy.
You’ll be a competent technical lead who is at the top of their game in terms of designing and provisioning the Microsoft technology stack to a DLD, being confident in dealing with server and application deployments but also be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to any problem that arises.
You’ll also have a very good understanding of MSSQL services in the realm of both IaaS and SaaS, and you’ll also be able (and willing) to turn your hand to the rest of the Microsoft Technology stack designing solutions.
As a Technical Lead you will have a small number of direct reports so experience of people management is a must although you’ll be working with and in a much wider virtual team where everyone gets on with the job at hand and the majority of the role is hands on. You’ll be an escalation point for more junior members of staff and you’ll be comfortable communicating with customers, sometimes under pressure to resolve critical incidents.
In summary, we are looking for an approachable individual, who can mentor staff, provide a positive contribution; somebody who knows their way around the Microsoft estate, including Azure and O365 as well as being able to hold their own in the land of MSSQL.
Please send your CV ASAP stating current package and availability details. full spec available.