Our client requires the services of an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with significant AWS experience. SC Cleared.
Working within a multi-disciplinary environment operating in an Agile/DevOps environment.
A pragmatic consultant, you will be experienced in identifying good practice and sharing knowledge of best practice with the wider team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Build, deploy, support and maintain platforms
- Take part in daily stand up's, scrum planning and sprint meetings
- Continuously improve software releases and release process
- Ensure all releases meet the requirements of the change control process (all quality gates passed, documented, monitoring plan, alert runbooks, etc)
- Recommend process improvements
- Ensure critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions
- Document work
- Knowledge transfer
- Configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of Ansible Galaxy
- Build and provisioning tools, e.g. Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- AWS, Azure and Virtual hosting
- Linux server management at enterprise level, specifically RHEL and Ubuntu
- Monitoring systems, e.g. ELK, Nagios, New Relic, Splunk etc.
- Docker container hosting (Kubernetes, RedShift etc.)
- Programming languages, with working knowledge of at least one of: Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Hands on experience if Git
- Knowledge of ELK and more specifically FileBeat
- Administrative level knowledge of IPA (RedHat Identity Manager)
- Working knowledge of VPN technologies to include OpenVPN and Strongswan
- Build Automation and Continuous Integration
- Have demonstrable significant experience engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate information and present in such a way that is easily understood by the target audience, which will include non-technical stakeholder, including through written and oral communication
- A portfolio of successfully delivering knowledge transfer activities
- Ideally working within UK Government and Public-Sector organisations
- SC clearance or ability to be cleared.