An excellent opportunity has arisen for a part time Informal Learning Programmer to join our team based in Matlock, Derbyshire on a 2 year fixed term contract basis. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £15600 plus 28 days holiday pro rata and a workplace pension scheme.
The Informal Learning Programmer will be responsible for developing and increasing our audience by devising and delivering a full and popular programme of activities, events and projects aimed at schools, colleges, families, adults, traditional and new audiences. The Informal Learning Programmer leads on overall strategic development of informal learning programmes, in particular the creation and delivery of activities and resources for families and the Learning Department’s involvement in our growing events programme.
Duties will include:
- Develop and deliver a lifelong learning programme of events, for example, evening lecture series, family fun weekends and school holiday activities, leading to physical and intellectual improvements for audiences.
- Develop and implement both temporary and permanent activities for families with children of all ages, including under 5s, across Cromford Mills and the Arkwright Society’s other sites.
- Ensure the Learning programme is fully integrated with the site business plan, mission and core objects, and the HLF funded Resilient Project.
- Support the extension of the learning programme through outreach and engagement activities with local communities, harder to reach audiences and specialist interest groups beyond our core audience, increasing the engagement of a diverse range of audiences.
- To work with a wide range of visitors and organisations to ensure we understand and support the needs of our local communities and develop joint programmes and activities.
- Organise and administer events and other activities and to be responsible for the set-up, clear up and stock control of the informal learning activities.
- Produce written and other materials to support the programmes, including contributing to online resources where appropriate.
- Demonstrate creative skills and lead the practical aspects of workshops, where appropriate.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of all schools and family programmes and assist with the development of the Arkwright Society’s existing portfolio of learning programmes and strategic partnerships for primary, secondary and college students.
- Monitor success and contribute to regular reviews of activities, writing reports and maintaining records as required by the organisation and external stake holders.
- Recruit and train volunteers, temporary and ad-hoc staff.
- Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator and members of the Learning team to promote the programme, increasing the number of participants and securing funding for other projects.
- Support the Learning Volunteers in developing their presentation and interpretation skills in delivering tours, talks and other activities.
- Implement policy in a manner which will reflect well upon Cromford Mills.
- Acquire and maintain a good knowledge of Cromford Mills and its wider work.
- Contribute as an effective member of the Cromford Mills team, assisting others where necessary in a willing and positive manner.
The successful Informal Learning Programmer will have:
- Experience of working with early years, primary, secondary and/or post 16 students
- Experience of working with families and encouraging intergenerational learning
- Experience and an understanding of formal and informal learning in a heritage setting
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate
- Minimum 3 year experience in developing and delivering Learning programmes
- Proven experience of working in heritage, museums and/or conservation management
- ICT skills
- Knowledge and experience of working in the voluntary sector
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and manage own workload
The hours of work are 30 per week.
The closing date is 25th July 2018.
This post is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund
Please apply online to be considered for the Informal Learning Programmer ole.