Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47countries and about 45,000 staff.
Chemtest is part of Eurofins; we are an award winning company providing routine analytical Environmental services and bespoke specialist testing throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. Our staff are employed across a number of strategically placed locations, all utilising the latest technologies. Our laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and, where applicable the Environment Agency MCERTS Performance Standard for soils.Job Description
As IT Support Technician, working within the IT department, you will provide IT support for an analytical laboratory. This is a fantastic opportunity and will suit someone who is looking to pursue a career within IT. You will provide 1st & 2nd line support, across the UK, which will be carried out in person or via telephone, email and remote sessions. You will need to have strong communication skills, be a problem solver and be technically minded.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements of the IT Support Technician:
- Take ownership of requests
- Proactive when dealing with customer issues
- Communicate effectively with colleagues inside and outside of the support team
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Keen to learn new products and technologies
- Excellent customer service skills and desire to go above and beyond
- Knowledge of Windows OS and SQL
- Support local and remote employees and respond to all incidents in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment whilst meeting SLAs
- Installs, trouble-shoots and supports a wide variety of hardware
- Monitors the Helpdesk ticket tracking system to respond to problems identified by users in a timely manner.
The IT Support Technician reports to the Head of IT of Eurofins Environment Testing UK.Qualifications
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent in skills gained through experience and other qualifications
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal written.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing IT equipment.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally.
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving.
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills;
- Highly organized and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.