- Excellent understanding of the Cisco (CCNP level or greater).
- Understanding of virtualisation on a storage area network.
- CompTIA A+ or Network + certification
- Prince 2 Foundation
- ITIL Foundation
This is an infrastructure support role with components of project delivery required. Candidates must be able to pass Equiniti’s internal clearance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responding to and resolving incidents and service requests both remotely and face to face, using specific call handling software (SCSM)
- Prioritise, analyse, track and escalate alerts in line with area protocols
- Manage incidents and service requests for users at several sites
- Work on projects, deployments and infrastructure enhancements where required
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for our chosen network stack in the Belfast office– primarily Cisco Switches, Firewalls, Fibre networks, Secureworks IDS Software
- Work as a team member with the wider IT Network team to protect against single points of service
- Liaise with 3rdparty suppliers for hardware issues including call ownership and management
- To manage the details of hardware that forms the renewal of contracts for network services
- Apply ITIL methodology to deliver best practice in all areas
- To work both during normal business hours (0800 – 1730) and via a rota provide out of hours support to Group Infrastructure
- To support regular disaster recovery tests during and outside business hours
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Evidence of phone and remote Tier 2 to 3 end-user support and resolution to the end user’s satisfaction
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Firewall and Switch technology
- Good knowledge of Juniper / Checkpoint firewalls.
- Awareness of virtualisation across data centres and sites, preferably Hyper-V.
- Excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN, VLAN management, evidence of efficient management and optimisation of these technologies.
- Good knowledge of IT Security – patching, threat detection and perimeter defence through to server side.
- Keen focus on service and the continuous improvement of service
- Confident and capable in both a team environment and working on own initiative
- Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues
- Focused on detail but capable of being flexible when competing deadlines/projects require it.
- Confident and successful when planning and setting priorities for workload.