Procurri is a global independent distributor of data centre equipment and multi-vendor maintenance provider.
With offices across four continents, we offer localised, multi-country services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Being an innovator, Procurri changes the way the world buys technology by solving data centre challenges via a channel-focused model that is backed by our global footprint and team of experienced IT experts. Our comprehensive hardware expertise and technical know-how have enabled us to provide our customers with solutions that optimise the value, performance and life span of their IT infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the engineer provides the companies owned by the Tin Global group with the necessary skills to audit, test and correctly store the equipment we receive into the main warehouse. The engineer is also instrumental in ensuring that it is correctly prepared for onward sale.
Responsibilities and duties
- Report all non-conformances to sales/ trader
- Strip machines received to the level of a "base machine" having checked there are no firm plans that supersede this step
- Build and test machines or part machines as per the details specified
- Sign off the Quality Assurance for Goods Out that the Goods are as per specification and fit for purpose
- Under supervision you will attend installs, upgrades, and repairs on customer sites
- Provide authoritative, comprehensive audit and test reports
- Perform other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The personal attributes necessary to perform this role (in addition to those mentioned above) are primarily a methodical, logical organised mind
- This needs to be supported by a tidy approach to completing tasks and achieving deadlines as well as communicating the outcome
- The ideal candidate will therefore be a team player, hardworking and with a hunger for new knowledge and technologies
A training programme will be provided but a strong foundation is important.
A clean car-driving license would be advantageous but is not essential.
No specific qualifications are required to be accepted as an Apprentice/ Trainee Engineer, other than being literate, numerate and computer literate.
37.5 hours per week
£10,000 per annum
- During the apprenticeship, you will gain experience in all aspects of the role and will be provided with on the job training along with studying for a relevant professional qualification
- QA apprenticeships provide the training and formal qualifications
- Pension scheme
- Charity Days
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”