Making a difference. That's what a career at AGCO is all about. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and infrastructure. AGCO supports more productive farming through a full line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage equipment, tillage, implements, grain storage and protein production systems, as well as related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold through five core brands, Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra® and are distributed globally through 3,150 independent dealers and distributors in more than 140 countries worldwide. Our diverse product line, global reach and technological solutions help our customers not only survive today’s changing landscape, but to also prosper. Visit www.AGCOcorp.com for more information.
IT Analyst II - Liferay Programmer
This IT Analyst II, position is responsible for providing support and development for the Dealer Workplace systems based in Stoneleigh. They will be required to understand and support the AGCO business needs and identify how best to meet those needs in this area. Overall this role will be responsible for system rollout, subsequent incident resolution, service requests and requirement definition, design, configuration, testing, and documentation to ensure we meet the business needs by following best practice.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with key business and IT resources on requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, testing, user acceptance, implementation, and documentation.
• Understand and translate business concepts to executable functional designs; ensure functional designs are executed as a viable solution to the business concept; ensuring module solution aligns and is compatible with overall architecture.
• Work with other analysts to understand integration points with other systems, and communicate the impact of proposed system changes.
• Assist with estimations of new developments and enhancement requests (costs, benefits, resources).
• Develop and keep updated, functional design documents and testing scripts insuring scripts are aligned with current system design and business practices.
• Configure, test and train during projects following the AGCO methodology.
• Plan, prepare and execute unit, integration and support user acceptance testing.
Support & Change Management
• Resolve incidents and complete service requests to the agreed service levels (SLA)
• Work with the change management system to promote your changes through the environments to production
• Provide responsive action to issues maintaining high-level internal customer satisfaction to required service level performance measures, through the successful resolution of customer requests/issues/change requests.
• Ensure individual and team compliance with all AGCO policies and procedures including Sarbanes Oxley, IT and Security. Follow established governance processes and standards.
o Experience & Expertise in Liferay Development is essential
o Hands on with Liferay advanced concept like Clustering, Sharding, SSO mechanism like SAML, NTLM etc
o Java Background knowledge (Core Java, Advanced Java, Spring, Servlet, Struts, JDBC, hibernate, J2EE)
o Hands on Experience on Database (SQL Server/My Sql, Oracle, DB2)
o Good Communication Skills & Analyzing capabilities
o Hands On experience on Jsp, JSTL
o Hands On Experience on Liferay Service Builders/Hooks/Liferay APIs
o JSR168 & 286 Knowledge
o Hands On Experience on Web services
o Windows/Linux OS hands on experience
o MVN/ANT/Eclipse/Liferay Developer Studio /Liferay with Tomcat /Liferay with Jboss
o Hands on experience in developing Generic Portlets / Spring MVC Portlets / Liferay MVC portlets
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to document and present the results of analysis clearly and concisely, using effective written reports and diagrams.
o Previous experience and knowledge with other large system deployments is a plus.
• Detailed understanding of the business areas supported by the systems is required to ensure solutions meet true business needs and requirements.
• Agricultural experience is a plus.
• Global company experience is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• A formal Project Management qualification (Prince2, AGILE, PMP) would be desirable
• Educated to Degree level or have equivalent working experience
• Strong communication / interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with multiple levels of IT and business management.
• Successfully influences diverse groups and teams in a complex, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment to deliver value-added solutions.
• Fluent in English.
Join AGCO’s Distribution Management Team and be part of our UK office which supports AGCOs Europe, Africa and Middle East Region and is located on beautiful parkland setting in Warwickshire. State of the art offices provide a pleasant working environment and all the facilities you would expect from a progressive global organisation.
We have over 30 nationalities working within our UK Operation to support our customers’ global needs. AGCO is an exciting Company with a rapidly changing and growing environment and attaches great importance to the provision of continuous personal learning and development.
We offer the following benefits:
• Basic salary: £Competitive
• A company performance / Individual performance related bonus (10%)
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (The company contributes up to 10% for a 5% employee contributions)
• BUPA Healthcare
• Life assurance and critical illness cover for Pension members
• 26 days holidays + statutory holidays
• Holiday trading
• Childcare vouchers
• Confidential Employee Assistance Programme for employees and their immediate family
• On-site parking
• On-site restaurant
Employee development and growth is part of our company culture. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an inspiring multinational environment for a leading global player of agricultural solutions, we look forward to receiving your application!