IPV Controller - Associate - (2000017P)
The role is within the Independent Price Verification (IPV) team which is part of the Product Control Group within Jefferies Finance. The IPV team is responsible for independently verifying that the Jefferies financial inventory is appropriately fair valued in accordance with applicable accounting and regulatory standards. The team is a global one, with a presence in New York and London. This role is specifically to join the London team, reporting locally into a VP.
The role is varied in responsibility but will involve performance of the monthly prices testing process, including the sourcing of external price data, calculation of variances, discussion with traders and desk heads, reconciliation and reporting. The role is across all the Jefferies International businesses and will include involvement in all the main asset classes except for commodities.
There will also be an element of project work as we seek to improve and automate processes and on-board new businesses.
Additionally, the IPV team is responsible for all aspects of IPV policy and ensuring it is up to date with the latest regulatory and accounting guidance. The role will involve working closely with the regulatory team on any regulatory returns requiring IPV input.
The key responsibilities are:
- Performance of the month end IPV process and discussion of results with the trading desks for a variety of businesses and asset classes including interest rate derivatives, sovereign and corporate bonds, equities, equity derivatives and mortgage backed securities.
- Collation and reporting of IPV testing results for senior management.
- Working with pricing and market data providers to challenge pricing, perform deep dives into harder to price securities and investigate new sources of market data.
- Intra month investigation and follow up for material variances or less liquid securities.
- Assigning FAS157 levels to financial inventory and performing level 3 forecasting exercises.
- Process improvement and automation work.
- Involvement in new system roll outs, including writing specifications, performing and tracking of implementation testing.
- Participation in Regulatory returns requiring IPV input.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Advising the New Business Committee regarding valuation matters for new business proposals.
- Calculation of bid/offer reserves.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Qualified accountant with good numeracy skills and a strong academic background.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Some knowledge of financial products and independent price verification.
- Good working Excel knowledge.
- Strong sense of ownership and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks assigned.
- Ability to multi task and be adaptable to tight deadlines with a good attention to detail.
- Proactive and motivated work style.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
London EC2N 4JL
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Non-Management
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2020, 9:38:14 AM
Source : Jefferies