An exciting opportunity not to be missed! City of Wolverhampton College is looking for a Human Resources Officer to join our team based in Wolverhampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £26,528-£30,765 per annum!
City of Wolverhampton College is one of the region’s leading Further Education providers. We believe our staff are our greatest asset, and that it is only through their knowledge and experience that we can help make a difference to the lives of people across Wolverhampton and beyond. Our commitment to staff training and development has led us to be awarded the Investors in People Gold standard, joining the top 3% of accredited organisations across the UK that have been recognised for the way it supports its employers.
As our Human Resources Officer, you will effectively support managers to achieve the College’s strategic objectives and HR strategy. You will also provide a comprehensive and efficient HR service including the management of recruitment/selection, absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working, and the implementation of family friendly policies etc.
Key responsibilities of the Human Resources Officer:
- Implementing/Co-ordinating - Organising resources, admin systems, allocating, arranging events, ensuring efficient co-ordination etc
- Disciplining/Disputes/Grievances - Warnings, work standards, listening, resolving, handling disputes firmly, reducing tension, sympathy etc
- Investigating/Observing/Searching - Listening to arguments/evidence, claims/disputes, establishing proof, observing, plans/diagrams, hidden goods, crime, neglect etc
- Working with Information - Own initiative, in conjunction with others, ruling on procedure, time pressure, decisions affecting people etc
- Influencing/Advising - Arguing a case, negotiating, defending a position, courses of action, procedure, policy etc
- Informing/Discussing/Interviewing - Answering questions, dictating, constructive criticism, verbal reports, providing information, structured/unstructured interviewing etc
- Clerical/Administration Functions - Routine administration, records, forms, typing, filing, handling mail, managing appointments etc
- Informing/Reporting - Advising, presenting, training sessions, briefing, giving instructions, informing verbally/in writing etc
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager
Experience and skills required of our Human Resources Officer:
- Fully CIPD qualified or graduate qualified
- Proven experience of working in a high volume, deadline driven, HR environment
- Experience of handling difficult and complex issues
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Proven experience of recruitment and selection, managing sickness, handling grievances/disciplinaries/capability issues
- Able to give advice to managers and staff as appropriate and sign post for effective solutions
- Ability to travel to sites timely where appropriate and when required
- Clean enhanced DBS check
- Relevant level 4 or above qualification
- Level 2 minimum in Maths and English
- Level 4/Degree in relevant subject area
So if you would like to join our team as a Human Resources Officer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity in all of our activities and to encouraging access to our College from all groups irrespective of race, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation. We are working to create an environment in which cultural diversity and individual difference are positively valued in an atmosphere free from harassment and discrimination.