Human Resources Officer
** Day shift, Monday to Friday**
**Excellent Salary & rates**
**Based in Nottingham**
Provide general day-to-day HR support across all HR, Employee Benefits, Training and Development and other administration for employees all in compliance with statutory obligations and best practice.
Key Competencies and Experiences
- Previous HR experience or CIPD qualification with minimal HR experience.
- You will be diplomatic and be skilled in negotiating.
- You will be a business professional with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You will demonstrate strong IT skills, being proficient in tools within the Microsoft Office suite.
- You will understand employment law.
- You will have an interest in career development and training within the workplace.
- You will take responsibility for your own performance and to identify personal development areas.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, whilst being able to work under pressure.
- You will have outstanding organisational skills.
- You will have the ability to work with personnel from all levels.
- You will have the tact and ability to deal with difficult situations.
Human Resources Officer
- Support managers in effectively carrying out disciplinary and grievance meetings ensuring fair and consistency and the correct procedure is followed. Engage the EEF as and when required.
- Manage employee relations through absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures etc.
- Co-ordinate recruitment through management of the Agency Contract. Build relationships with recruiters; develop job descriptions, set up interviews, interview and select candidates up to and including staff to level 50 of the professional role structure.
- Issue contracts and offer letters. Ensure all new starters receive a full induction, all documentation is completed as per their job role and TMS is updated.
- Ensure leavers are processed as and when required.
- Maintain employee records, such as changes to remuneration, personal details, transfers etc.
- Provide day to day advice to managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Union and deal with issues raised in a timely manner.
- Update Company handbook and Company policies with any change in legislation and ensure any changes are communicated to all employees.
- Monitor sickness absence. Log all calls received from the Absence Line. Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine reasons for absence and develop recommendations for improvement of absence figures.