Our client is a world-leading IVF clinic founded in 1990. Our client consistently delivers top IVF success rates in the UK, making them one of the best fertility clinics in London and the UK.
Our client currently has the highest live birth rate for IVF/ICSI treatment per embryo transferred than any other IVF clinic in London (latest HFEA data). They also continue to have a high number of live births from frozen eggs in the UK. Our client's private fertility clinic in London has one of the largest donor egg banks in the UK, and our egg recipient program has no patient waiting list
Their philosophy is simple: to provide excellence for all their patients in everything they do. Through this founding principle, it ensures that all their patients have the best chance of achieving their dream of a family, without exception.
You will be working within a private clinic promoting a friendly and comfortable atmosphere for their patients. A real passion for this role is required: -
- To promote and maintain a high standard of patient care at all times. Ensure patients are compassionately and effectively cared for.
- Maintain patient's confidentiality, privacy and dignity at all times. Respecting all confidential information received
- To communicate effectively with all members of the unit and promote teamwork
- Respects patient's equality and diversity without prejudice or judgement and comply with our client's policy
- Establish and provide good relationships with patients and their relatives. Likewise with staff
- Reporting condition or concern regarding patient(s) to medical staff and ensure that received instructions are carried out promptly and satisfactorily.
- Ensure that patients are protected from unnecessary physical and mental disturbance hence ensuring his/her safety and well-being at all times.
- To understand the need for and keep accurate documentation in all aspects of patient care
- Increase your knowledge of fertility treatment to assist patients in their understanding of this complex treatment.
- Act appropriately in emergencies or stressful situations.
- To update regularly on cardiac arrest, fire procedures and mandatory training
- To have and implement a full knowledge and practical skills in relation to infection control
- Attend in house training and working towards Healthcare Assistants Care Certificate
- Effective time management to avoid patient delays and efficiency in service
- Performing experienced competent phlebotomy as per the medical request accordingly.
- Ensure all samples are labelled clearly in full, requests are logged and entered on ideas and samples put for forward for collection by the courier
- Chaperone patients for other staff. Understand and implement the role of the chaperone
- Assist with data entry e.g. entering ultrasound measurements
- Perform decontamination on trans-vaginal probes between scans
- Use aseptic techniques when assisting with invasive procedures
- Keep clinical areas clean and tidy
- Effective waste management in compliance with protocols
- Safe sharps disposal
- Competent HCAs to consult with patients, perform injection teaching sessions, give and receive consent forms and update checklists on ideas
- To answer queries and where possible reassure patients undergoing treatment or awaiting outcome of treatment.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, displaying empathy and compassion in person and on the telephone
- Answering the phone
- Talking to the patients and ensuring they are at ease
- Reply to emails and order stock
- Filling and scanning
- Ensuring patient documents are completed clearly and correctly
- Manage the stock room when deliveries are made and rotate stock accordingly
- Complete daily quality management checks in each clinical area
- Ensure clinical areas are stocked well
- Assist with pharmacy quality management by doing stock takes and checking prescriptions against pharmacy sales for the nurse manager
- Liaise between multidisciplinary teams regarding a patient's care
- Liaise with homecare medication suppliers, send prescriptions by e fax and chase deliveries
Essentials: Phlebotomy experience of a minimum of one year