Our clients fertility clinic team are leaders in the field of assisted reproduction and play an active role in education and research. As well as publishing a number of scientific papers, our consultants and embryologists are invited to speak at international conferences and teach professionals through collaborating with academic institutions.
Our client is a world-leading IVF clinic founded in 1990. Our client consistently delivers top IVF success rates in the UK, making them one of the best fertility clinics in London and the UK.
Our client currently have the highest live birth rate for IVF/ICSI treatment per embryo transferred than any other IVF clinic in London (latest HFEA data).
- To act at all times in accordance with the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority (HFEA) Code of Practice and the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
- To promote and maintain a high standard of patient care at all times. . Ensure patients are compassionately and effectively cared for.
- Maintain patient's confidentiality, privacy and dignity at all times
- To communicate effectively with all members of the Unit and promote teamwork
- Respects patient's equality and diversity without prejudice or judgement and comply with CRGH policy
- Establish and provide good relationships with patients and their relatives
- Establish and provide good relationships with staff
- Respect all confidential information received, in accordance with HFEA guidelines.
- Reporting condition or concern regarding patient(s) to medical staff and ensure that received instructions are carried out promptly and satisfactorily.
- Ensure that patients are protected from unnecessary physical and mental disturbance hence ensuring his/her safety and well-being at all times.
- To understand the need for and keep accurate documentation in all aspects of patient care
- Increase knowledge of fertility treatment to assist patients in their understanding of this complex treatment.
- Act appropriately in emergencies or stressful situations.
- To update regularly on cardiac arrest, fire procedures and mandatory training
- To promote the Unit and its role in the private as well as the NHS sector
- To present in full uniform and with smart appearance at all times when on duty.
- To have and implement a full knowledge and practical skills in relation to infection control
- Understand the concept of whistle blowing and report any concerns to nursing line manager
- Understand the concept of safeguarding and report any concerns to nursing line manager
- Arrive at work on time as per allocated shift on the rota and report to line manager by phone call any absence at least one hour before shift
- Attend in house training and working towards Healthcare Assistants Care Certificate
- Effective time management to avoid patient delays and efficiency in service
- Performing experienced competent phlebotomy as per the medical request accordingly. Ensure all samples are labelled clearly in full, requests are logged and entered on ideas and samples put for forward for collection by the courier
- Chaperone for other staff. Understand and implement the role of the chaperone
- Assist with data entry e.g. entering ultrasound measurements
- Perform decontamination on trans-vaginal probes between scans
- Use aseptic techniques when assisting with invasive procedures
- Keep clinical areas clean and tidy
- Effective waste management in compliance with protocols
- Safe sharps disposal
- Effective hand washing as per guidelines
- Competent HCAs to consult with patients, perform injection teaching sessions, give and receive consent forms and update checklists on ideas
- To answer queries and where possible reassure patients undergoing treatment or awaiting outcome of treatment.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, displaying empathy and compassion in person and on the telephone
- Be competent in basic life support and assist calmly in an emergency situation
- Manage the stock room when deliveries are made and rotate stock accordingly
- Complete daily quality management checks in each clinical area
- Have a good working knowledge of IDEAS
- Demonstrate clear concise documentation
- Ensure clinical areas are stocked well
- Report to nurse manager when stock needs ordering
- Assist with pharmacy quality management by doing stock takes and checking prescriptions against pharmacy sales for the nurse manager
- Liaise between multidisciplinary teams regarding a patient's care
- Liaise with home care medication suppliers, send prescriptions by e fax and chase deliveries
Essentials: Phlebotomy experience of a minimum of one year
Good communication skills
Good IT skills
Desirable: Fertility Experience
Working in a women's health environment
NVQ in Health and Social Care