Job Title: Head of Insurance and Financial Services
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Salary: Up to £80,000 Dependent on experience + great benefits package (car, pension, health care)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Head of Insurance and Financial Services to join the Caravan and Motorhome Club based at our Head office in East Grinstead. In the position of Head of Insurance and Financial Services you will be responsible for providing the membership with a full range of quality cost effective insurance/financial products.
As Head of Insurance and Financial Services your responsibilities and duties will include:
- In conjunction with the Director of Membership Services to develop the Clubs strategic approach to the delivery of its insurance business
- To prepare the Insurance Services annual budget proposals
- To contract for the supply of insurance/financial related services and products, including negotiations of rates, levels of service and terms and conditions as necessary
- To manage and develop partnership arrangements with underwriters, brokers, claims handlers and financial product suppliers as necessary, monitoring services levels as appropriate
- In conjunction with Product Development to identify and research new insurance products, including negotiations of rates, levels of service and terms and conditions, as necessary
- In conjunction with Marketing and partners, agree the annual sales, promotion and marketing campaigns to promote the sale of Club insurance and financial services
- To implement and control a staff training programme to facilitate effective and informative sale/promotion of insurance/financial products
- To arrange and maintain the provision of corporate Club insurance, i.e. Combined Liabilities, Material damage policies etc. including liaison with insurers/brokers/claims handlers/solicitors and the recovery of uninsured losses from third parties as necessary
- The handling of all non-routine correspondence in line with current Club practices, relating to insurance and financial products
- To arbitrate in the interest of the Club in any contentious dealings between members and underwriters/brokers/claims handlers/loss adjusters
- To set and control underwriting standards and practices for processing new and existing insurance policies
- To represent the Club's interests on CITARG (Caravan Insurance Theft Accident Research Group) and VCRAT (Government’s crime reduction initiative) generally implementing initiatives in the interests of caravan security
- To monitor the performance of the insurance/financial products offered to ensure the highest possible member satisfaction and quality at all times
- To oversee the provision of the Theftcheck service to the Membership, including liaison with the police and other interested parties
- To prepare, as appropriate, papers for presentation to Committees
- Strategy work: Senior level involvement, at appropriate times, in the Strategy programme, representing the Insurance and Financial Services arena
- Contribute, as appropriate, to other Departmental Heads’ objectives
If taking the Approved Person role, ensure that insurance and financial products can be made available to the members in a beneficial, efficient and commercially viable manner whilst adhering to FCA legislation and matching best practices within the insurance industry as a whole.
The Head of Insurance may have access to, or supervises those, that access Restricted and Confidential member, worker, volunteer and/or Club business data. This information must only be collected and processed in line with all regulation from the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), the Data Protection Act and all Caravan and Motorhome Club policies and procedures. All types of data held by the Club is valuable and must be protected.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant and significant knowledge of the insurance industry, dealing with underwriters, brokers and claims handlers
- Significant experience of negotiating claims
- Experience of managing a commercial strategy and budget
- Significant experience of developing and managing 3rd party relationships
- Ability to liaise with internal colleagues and stakeholders
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to participate and contribute effectively as a full team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A working knowledge of Google G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Being the Approved Person within the organisation is preferred but not essential
For more information about the Head of Insurance and Financial Services role or to apply send your CV now via the Apply button!
About the Caravan and Motorhome Club: Founded in 1907, we are an organisation representing caravanners and motorhomers in the United Kingdom and Ireland and we represent nearly 1 million members. As a Caravan and Motorhome Club employee, you’ll be part of a large team of 1250 – there are around 400 employees working at head office and up to 850 across our sites in peak season.
We want to inspire more people to enjoy the great outdoors and our employees are dedicated to making sure our customers receive the very best service possible as well as working towards the success of a £110 million turnover business.
Our head office is based in East Grinstead, West Sussex, with good road links from the M25, M23 and A22. We're less than five minutes from a train station with direct trains from London.
We offer competitive salaries and a great work life balance with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Additionally we offer a generous contributory pension scheme, a private health scheme, subsidised gym memberships and discounts on car and travel insurance as well as other Club products and services.