Head of Facilities Designate
Osborne Executive has been retained by the RDS to partner with them in the appointment of a Head of Facilities Designate. This post has opened due to a pending retirement offering an exceptional opportunity to join a unique, vibrant organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and as part of the Senior Management team you will lead and develop the Facilities Management function, ensuring maintenance of the RDS campus to the highest professional standard, enabling operational best practice, energy efficiency and sustainability and ensuring all capital expenditure and maintenance work meets health and safety requirements and complies with statutory regulations. Providing appropriate operational support to events and supporting the implementation of the Strategy of the Society in its Commercial and Foundation activities
Key Responsibilities will include
1. Grounds and Building Maintenance
2. Health & Safety
3. Horse Show
- Hands on, decisive, performance driven individual adept at building and managing strong working relationships;
- Sound leadership qualities with the ability to encourage and motivate a team and foster a positive working environment, leading through example;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines;
- A self-starter with good attention to detail who evaluates priorities and manages appropriately, delivers to time and need;
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot quickly on his/her feet with sound judgement;
- Strong communicator who can positively negotiate and represent the RDS with third parties such as Members of the Public;
- Possess the drive to achieve superior standards within budget.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a service orientated, customer focused organisation preferably a venue of a similar size and status;
- Familiarity with compiling and managing comprehensive asset and risk registers for delivery of an effective planned maintenance schedule;
- Experience of working at senior management level;
- Project management experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Health & Safety;
- Event management experience advantageous;
- Experience of managing capital expenditure;
- Good working knowledge of AutoCad, not essential but advantageous.
- Strong planning, organisational and project management skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010;
- Skills in a Facilities Management Software package preferable;
- Excellent commercial awareness with sound budgeting, forecasting and planning skills Qualifications
- Relevant third level qualification such as Facilities Management, Building Construction, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying;
- Health & Safety qualification advantageous;
- Applicants should be a member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland ((SCSI) or a similar professional body.
A flexible working approach is a must within a site that operates up to 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Candidates must be capable of managing work demands during the week and at weekends. There will be a regular requirement to work outside of office opening hours including being on standby/working one weekend in two.
Note: Own transport and a full driving license is required
For a confidential conversation and a more comprehensive position guide please contact Aine Wallace in confidence at 01 6384400 / 086 8388913 or email email@example.com