Our client is the UK's leading and most forward thinking leisure centre operator. They are currently looking to recruit for the exciting role of Head of Climbing at their Flagship site in St Albans.
* The ideal candidate will be Reliable, Helpful, Lively and Sport and Industry aware:
* The Head of Climbing will be expected to take ownership of the areas of accountability below and develop them in line with the needs of the sites Climbing facility.
* Responsible for the review, development and delivery of the business strategy and objectives in climbing and effective stakeholder management.
* Responsible for setting and achieving the climbing centre budgets to deliver value for money and maximise income including development of new products and market launch; securing external investment opportunities and supporting Finance team to manage customer debts.
* Responsible for developing the sales ethos amongst the climbing team, ensuring that the team have the full product knowledge, sales skills, sales systems and up selling ability, to maximise sales opportunities and achieve sales/income targets.
* Line management of operations and coaching team members to develop a high performance multi- functional team where all team members are trained to the appropriate standards.
* Ensure the route setting programme is delivered effectively and to the needs of the wall users.
* Oversee the effective delivery of the coaching programme, casual climbing, corporate events, and holiday programmes; provide coaching to customers as appropriate.
* Responsible for all aspects of health and safety including maintenance and fault reporting, data protection, safeguarding, security and effective delivery of operational programming within the climbing department.
* Ensure that a high standard of customer service is delivered in the climbing department including obtaining feedback from customers.
* Work with other departments to improve outreach through marketing and development activities.
* Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required
A full training package will be provided by the companies Regional Climbing Manager, so if you are interested in pursuing a career in Climbing or the Outdoors this is the position for you