Lingfield Park Resort is seeking a driven Head Chef to join the team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Lingfield Park a great company to work for – it’s an exciting time to get on board!
The successful Head Chef will report to the Hotel & Country Club Manager and will be responsible for organizing and supervising all kitchen operations, maintaining high food quality and awareness of hygiene regulations. Controlling costs in general and maintaining good staff relations as well as maintaining all legal and company health and safety standards. The Head chef (Hotel) will be responsible for the production of food for the Restaurant, Bar and Golf Bar. This will include functions being held in these areas, as well as breakfast, lunch, spa guest lunches, afternoon tea, room service, dinner and special events.
Some of the key responsibilities are;
- To liaise closely with the Hotel & Country Club Manager on revenue budgets and cost targets.
- To purchase with agreed parameters, ensuring the budgeted food GP is achieved
- To ensure all menus are costed to achieve the targeted GP %
- To ensure all EHO and food Safety and production requirements are met
- To closely work on day to day basis to ensure hygienic and tidy kitchen areas at all times
- To assist in the catering for internal customers by producing creative menu designs and ensuring production control
- To ensure a safe working environment at all times
- To be fully aware of competitors and industry trends
- To complete regular job and performance reviews with the team in line with company guidelines, including regular 1-2-1 meetings, new starter reviews and appraisals
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Level 3 Food Safety in Catering
- GCSE’s or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Sous Chef in a Hotel environment
- Have attention to detail
- Be self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent customer service skills.
In return we will offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
If this sounds like you or you would like some more information please don’t hesitate to send a CV and covering letter detailing your current salary, the role and where you saw the position advertised to:
The closing date is 10th June 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.