Hair & Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Lecturer/Tutor/Assessor / Trainer / Teacher withindustryexperience is required by a leading specialist vocational college based in London to teach / train and assess students looking to enter this exciting industry.
SALARY:£25,000 - £30,000 per annum(based on experience and qualifications)
WORKING HOURS: 40Hours per Week, 9am – 6pm or Part Time available(There will be some evenings and weekends)
** Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs Available **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Hair & Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Lecturer / Tutor / Assessor / Trainer / Teacher that has previous industryexperience andhas either worked in a teaching capacity or wants to get into teaching for the first time.
Working as the Hair & Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Lecturer / Tutor / Assessor / Trainer / Teacher you will be responsible for a number of students in the capacity of a lecturer, tutor and assessor.
As the Hair & Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Lecturer / Tutor / Assessor / Trainer / Teacher you will support and guide the students at all times to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting, relevant, challenging and appropriate.
Your responsibilities as the Hair & Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Lecturer / Tutor / Assessor / Trainer / Teacher will include guiding and supporting thestudents through the assessments, providing effective verbal and written feedback to ensure students develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their ILP goals and targets and what is required of them to successfully complete their programme and progress into either further learning or sustainable employment.
You will also be working within a team to help develop the course in terms of both the delivery strategies and current techniques/expectations.
Successful candidates will have a great opportunity to join a well-established, leading specialist vocational college.
The college is open all year and operates without term breaks. Courses start throughout the year and learners can enrol and start their course during any month of the year.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Plan for and deliver high quality teaching in the subject areas required
- Ensure all marking, assessments and any moderation are completed timely and tracked appropriately
- Maintain consistently of lessons in line with the Ofsted CIF ’Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ criteria under the teaching, learning and assessment key judgement. Ensure all learners are fully engaged with their learning; developing the skills, knowledge and standards required for successful completion of their programme and industry expectations
- Actively encourage and promote the process and importance of developing essential English, Maths and ICT skills
- Reflect and evaluate teaching practice to ensure strategies used are effectively engaging learners
- Ensure verbal and written feedback supports learners in developing their skills, knowledge, English and Maths
- Ensure exams (online or paper based) are invigilated correctly following the college and JCQ guidelines/policies
- Ensure all learner and group tracking, records and notes are accurate and up to date and maintained
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and appropriate paperwork completed. Such as Safeguarding, welfare, disciplinary procedure and salon forms
- Assist with open and applications days as required, promoting the work of the college
- Advise programme managers on programme delivery and requirements as part of the self-assessment review (SAR), which feeds into the overall college SAR
- Maintain a knowledge of new developments as part of the curriculum and teaching practices
- Keep abreast of developments within own areas of expertise, informing the programme manager and keep learning material up to date to reflect the college and Awarding Body requirements
- Participate fully in all activities and curriculum monitoring, reviews and evaluations
- Contribute to development of course materials
- Support development of short/specialist courses in own specialist area as appropriate
- Provide active support to individual learners
- Encourage learners to be actively involved in the college life; such as positive behaviour, professionalism, raising aspiration, entering competitions, attending events and being a representative of the college
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Level 3 qualification in relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification / or willingness to obtain designated teaching qualification within 12 months.
- Maths and English qualification to Level 2 or higher
- Assessors qualification: CAVA/A1/equivalent, or willingness to work towards to obtain within probation period
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of relevant subject
- Knowledge of current qualification structure
- An understanding of, and demonstrable commitment to, Safeguarding Children and Young People (Every Child Matters) and Vulnerable Adults and Prevent Agenda
- Recent and successful professional experience in the relevant area
- Ability to communicate with a range of learners on theoretical and practical aspects of the programme
- Ability to lead learners to the successful completion of their programme
- Internal Quality Assurer qualification; CLIQA/V1/equivalent
- Relevant, successful experience of tutoring or facilitating learning
- Managing others or supervisory experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time and Part-Time Teaching, Training / Trainer Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Work in London within the Beauty Industry. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk