To provide a service across the designated site covering all aspects of HSE management, training, and general site services. Providing technical expertise to members of management and act as a competent person as defined under prevailing statute.
* Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
* Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards
* Works in conjunction with site management and either UK or regional HR leads to drive the Safety agenda
* Drives culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures, creating the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate with colleagues
* Creates/develops standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
* Coordinates the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes
* Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
* Designates and carries out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
* Review, update and maintain Site Health & Safety/Environmental Policy & procedures manuals taking account of industry best practice and any prevailing Group standards (Human Element/Hazardous Processes)
* Support & advise Occupational Health & HR as required to ensure the health & wellbeing of our colleagues
* Build effective Company, local, regional & national H&S networks to share & learn best practice
* Maintain the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in line with Company or other prevailing standards (ISO14001)
* Responsibility for the coordination of other wider site service activities such as security & waste management
* Provide induction training, deliver briefings & other Health & Safety training (including Fire/COSHH/Manual Handling etc) as required
* Work alongside Site management structures in developing the sites for continued success taking part in projects or project work as required.
* Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
* To undertake specific projects, as a member of the European HSE team including ad-hoc support to other sites.
* Co-ordinate and ensure the provision of information and clear communications to appropriate stakeholders including UK HR teams, Factory Manager(s) and European QSHE representatives.
* Produce reports & presentations as necessary to meet with management requirements.
Any other reasonable duties allocated to this post or that of any other that you may hold or as required by management. This list is not exhaustive and is designed to be an outline of the scope of the role.
* Minimum NEBOSH Certificate, ideally NEBOSH Diploma.
* IEMA or other relevant Environmental qualification.
* Good knowledge with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
* PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft Office
* Able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience. Can communicate with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
* Min. 2 years post qualification, Health & Safety & Environment experience in a manufacturing/FMCG (Food industry experience would be an advantage.)
* Familiar with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
* Training needs analysis and implementation of training plans
* Preparation and delivery of induction and H&S skills/awareness training.
Flexibility to work extended hours as required by the role for the proper discharge of duties and also to work at other sites as required from time to time. Is able to travel between sites/customers and is prepared to routinely spend nights away from home as and when required for the completion of duties and responsibilities. A full driving licence is necessary.
Right4Staff is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.