Do you have a good academic background or previous experience in an operational customer service, administration or office role?
Are you used to working to schedules and deadlines with the ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Projects Assistant to support the Project Lead on a number of these initiatives in Brentwood on a temporary contract.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, is delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
About the role
There are a number of key HR change programmes taking place during 2018 / 2019, and the successful implementation of these are critical to supporting the business in relation to People and People Management.
The role holder will support on a number of key HR objectives and ensure new solutions / ways of working are embedded well and that customer service and accuracy is delivered providing positive and effective outcomes that support the ability for HR and all staff to be more effective.
The role will involve:
• Processing a large volume of staff transfers to support the rationalisation of the numbers of payrolls run each month
• Ensuring that all staff can access payslips quickly and effectively and to ensure any outstanding access issues are appropriately resolved.
• To support the introduction of Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service
• To create a one stop shop location on the intranet for all UK HR policies / procedures / useful guidance notes and tools / calculators
• Support collation of GDPR contracts / documents / return of Data Processor evidence
We envisage that this role will be for a period of 6 months and will require the role holder to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However, we will consider part time hours for the right candidate.
Required skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills (including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel). Intermediate level of Excel knowledge (formulas / functions / formatting / pivot tables)
• Good academic background (A Level with GCSE Maths & English A-C or equivalent)
• Desirable – HR Administration / HR project experience
• Previous high-volume experience in an operational customer service, administration or office role and used to working to schedules and deadlines with the ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
• Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Why join Intertek?
For more than 130 years, Intertek’s story has always been about innovation. In 1885 we began testing and certifying grain cargoes before they were put to sea, and in 1888 we pioneered the idea of independent testing laboratories. Then in 1896, the greatest inventor of them all became part of our story - Thomas Edison, who released the wonders of electricity and the light bulb in a Quality Assured way. This is a journey we now continue, through our network of 43,000 talented and energised people across multiple global business lines.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions, as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition, you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies