HR Manager with a good human resources generalist background and sound employment law knowledge with excellent team management and leadership skills is required by well-established, vocational College based in London.
SALARY:£32,000 - £38,500 per annum
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for anHR Managerthat has a good human resources generalist background and sound employment law knowledge with excellent team management and leadership skills
As an experienced and qualified HR Manager, you will be responsible for co-ordinating strategic and practical human resources work in consultation with the Executive Board for the staff and managers.
As the HR Manager,you will have a proven breadth of human resources experience and the ability to make reasoned arguments and provide evidence to support these. A proven ability to consult, negotiate and influence are a must-have, as are excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to use your own initiative. The ideal candidate must be robust and resilient yet have a flexible and personable approach. You must be highly numerate and have good IT skills.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The College offers classroom based learning and apprenticeship delivery working with partner companies and organisations. The majority of their provision is publicly funded and subject to regular audit by the funding bodies and inspections including Ofsted. The Safeguarding of theirstudents and staff is of paramount importance and it is a requirement of this post to ensure full compliancy in their recruitment to their ‘Safe Recruitment’ policy. All prospective employees must receive the pre and post-employment checks to comply with the Single Central Record requirement of Ofsted which must be maintained up to date at all times.
As the HR Manager, you will also strategically lead the department to achieve objectives to attract, retain and develop a first class work force to support the College in obtaining ‘Good’ Ofsted grade and working towards an Outstanding Grade.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Assume overall responsibility across HR core functions
- Provide payroll with accurate details of new staff, leavers and any other changes that affect payroll
- Maintain an accurate Single Central Register
- Coordinate Health & Safety with the Buildings/H&S Manager
- Manage the HR budget, including recruitment costs and expenditure on advertising and agency fees
- Provide coaching, advice and support to Line Managers on a wide range of employee relations issues
- Maintain up to date employment law knowledge and provide expert advice as required, including for capability, disciplinary and grievance issues
- Prepare for, lead and support managers in investigatory meetings and hearings as appropriate
- Provide general advice on HR policies and procedures
- Assist in the drafting of tribunal documentation and attend Employment Tribunals as appropriate
- Regularly review policies and procedures, updating employees and appropriate stakeholders
- Keep the staff handbook and other employment information up to date, reflecting best practice
- Manage the team to ensure an efficient recruitment service, ensuring pre-employment checks, offer letters, contracts of employment and references meet the required standard
- Coach Managers involved in the recruitment and selection process
- Manage relationships and negotiate best rates with external recruitment agencies
- Produce and review information on staff turnover, sickness etc and recommend plans to address any problem areas
- Work with the executive board and line managers to identify people development needs across the organisation, and develop a strategy manage talent across the organisation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Good team management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of good Human Resources best practice and procedures
- Sound employment law knowledge across a range of issues such as maternity, dismissals, grievance, up and coming legislation which affects the organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- The ability to deal with sensitive matters and an understanding of confidentiality issues including data protection
- IT literate with the ability to use a wide range of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook) to an advanced level
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in London. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk