MYSING CARE LIMITED
HR OFFICER £18,000to £24,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
LOCATION: Expanding care home group with homes currently located in Malpas, Cheshire and Hoar Cross, Staffordshire
We currently provide care for 111 residents who require residential/nursing care across two care homes. We offer 24-hour nursing, palliative care, and respite care for older adults with Dementia and other mental health difficulties. Our aim is to achieve excellence in our care delivery and to extend that excellence to all areas of our operations, providing a beautiful, comfortable and safe environment, which offers a feeling of security and safety, and enhances quality of life of our residents.
Due to recent and planned future growth of our services, we are now looking to recruit an HR Officer, reporting to the Senior Management team, to support the human resourcesand recruitment functions at our homes.
The HR Officer will be responsible for providing first line generalist HR advice, supporting recruitment and employee relations and ensuring that HR systems are managed in-line with company policy and Care Quality Commission requirements. The post-holder will have a base in each of our homes where they will share their time equally each week and will work closely with the Registered Managers at each site as well as with the Operations Director and the Group Financial Controller.
- Supporting the Registered Managers with the recruitment process, developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, arranging interviews and communicating with candidates.
- Coordinating and managing the on-boarding/induction process for new starters.
- Supporting Registered Managers and employees with advice and guidance on a wide variety of employee relations issues on a daily basis, includingdisciplinary, grievance and procedures,in liaison with our external HR advisers.
- Liaising with finance in relation to starters, leavers and other changes required for payroll purposes.
- Monitoring probation reviews, employee absence levels and attrition rates.
- Ensuring that all staff files are up to date, contain the correct information and meet CQC regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Assistingin the creation, amendment and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Maintaining departmental spreadsheets, databases and other documents.
- Supporting Managers in overseeing employee well-being and health and safety matters.
- Other administration tasks and project work as required.
The ideal candidate for the role of HR Officer will:
- Have previous experience of working within an HR role and a working knowledge of employment law.
- Be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have good organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Have ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Genuinely enjoy working with people and have enthusiasm for providing great customer service.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Due to the vulnerable nature of the client group a DBS check will be essential for all candidates;
- A degree of flexibility in working hours and mobility will be required;
- Travelling between the homes, with occasional nights away from home, to meet business needs;
- Full driving licence.
- Be part CIPD qualified or working towards the qualification.
- Previous experience of working within the care sector or something similar such as social housing.
- Experience in training.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to further strengthen your HR Generalist skills, working with an enthusiastic and supportive team within a quality-driven, people-focussed care home organisation with excellent opportunities for career progression.
- 20 days’ annual leave, plus 8 days bank holiday
- A blend of training, including e-learning and on the job training to help with your career development
- Hours: 40 hours per week 9:00 am to 5:30 pm