We have an opportunity for a HGV Technician / Mechanic to join the team based at our Head Office in Huddersfield on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
The Myers Group is a progressive family owned business based in Huddersfield, with 350 employees and providing building products and services throughout Yorkshire. We have a large fleet of various HGV delivery vehicles which require regular service and maintenance.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our HGV Technician / Mechanic you will receive a competitive salary in addition to great benefits such as:
- Excellent Holiday Allowance which increases with length of service and includes a day off on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Program to help meet your career ambitions
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discounts
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Death in Service
About the role
The primary aim of this HGV Technician / Mechanic role is to provide service and support in the main Vehicle Maintenance Department at Myers Group Head Office site in Huddersfield.
Hours of work are 6.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday & 6.30am to 12pm on Saturday. Overtime as required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out vehicle servicing across a multi-manufacturer fleet
- Routine vehicle repairs and problem solving
- Attend vehicle breakdowns as and when required
- Servicing of mobile plant (training and support will be provided to the right individual)
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping whilst working
To become our HGV Technician / Mechanic you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of five years experience in servicing and maintaining a heavy goods fleet
- Good understanding of electrical diagnostics
- Ideally some experience of mobile plant maintenance would be preferred
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of work with attention to detail
- HGV Class C Licence would be beneficial
- Self-motivated, genuine with a friendly positive attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively with all members of the team
- Excellent organisation skills and good time management
- Committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team as a HGV Technician / Mechanic please click ‘Apply’ today.
Huddersfield is commutable from Brighouse, Dewsbury, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax and surrounding areas.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.