Our client is a General Haulage, Pallet Network and a Warehousing business that is looking to recruit an HGV Technician to work in our Workshop on site at our Head Office, Maltby. We currently have 150 vehicles and 200 trailers. Hours of work will be 12 hour shifts, on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Role will involve to:
- • Maintain, inspect & repair vehicles and trailers.
• Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles for annual test.
• Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to DVSA standards and higher.
• Attend breakdowns or accident damaged vehicles and carry out permanent or running repairs as required.
• Ensure all relevant health & safety legislation is adhered to.
• Paperwork – Must be kept up to date, make sure it’s completed and correctly filled out in a timely manner.
• Update of records/defects via the workshop system.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping to keep all areas in a safe and clean condition.
• Operate Fork Lift Trucks if required to do so if trained.
• Keep within ISO standards ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO18001.
• General servicing and fitting mechanics. Liaising with Head Management on workloads and time scales.
• Time critical servicing – must carry out work in a prompt and professional manner to suit time frames.
• Tools and equipment management – must keep and maintain tools provided by the company in an orderly fashion. Report any missing or damaged tools or equipment to Head Mechanic immediately.
• Diagnostic reports on technical issues with vehicles/trailers.
• Writing coherent reports and suggested remedies.
• Replacing damaged or worn parts in line with client agreement.
• Assisting in the upkeep of the property and working areas.
• Completing job cards accurately and logging them to management daily.
Skills & Experience:
- • Qualified HGV mechanic
• Class 1 driving licence (preferred)
• Previous experience of working in a busy garage
• Be able to provide own tools
• Ability to work on own initiative
Uniform, onsite parking, auto enrolment pension and life assurance are provided. £10 - £13 per hour, depending on experience