c£36,000.00 per annum
The ideal candidate will have Qualifications in HGV Mechanics such as City & Guilds Level 3, however comparable qualifications such as Mechanical Engineering alongside experience of working on HGVs will be considered
Our client is a well-established and highly reputable business, trading for over 60 years and are centrally located with free parking for all employees. They are specialists in commercial vehicle rental and their business has six rental depots in the North and South of England; with fully equipped, modern maintenance workshops. From these depots, they operate in excess of 2000 vehicles (of which 1000 are above 3.5 tons) and they provide their services throughout the whole of the UK.
The role of HGV Technician will involve carrying out inspections, routine servicing and repairs of vehicles in a professional and safe manner. The HGV Mechanic will be reporting to the Workshop Manager and will be able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturers standards.
It would be advantageous for you to possess these skills:
- Knowledge of cranes or hydraulics
- Experience working on tippers, tipper grabs or beaver tails
- Knowledge of latest diagnostic systems
We are looking for a team player to fill this role who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines. You must have previous HGV technical experience and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time. The role maybe suited to someone who is ex-forces and has some experience of working on HGVs.
- Hours of work: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (with 30 mins’ unpaid lunch break)
- Saturdays 7:00 am- 12:00 pm (on a Rota, 3 on, 1 off but paid for all 4)
- 40 hours at £11.79 hour + all hours above 40 are paid at overtime rate of £17.69 per hour
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in Service cover
- Free parking
- Onsite kitchen facilities
- In walking distance of local amenities