c£32,000.00- £41,000.00 per annumDOE
(c£13.50 per hour and c£20.25 per hour for anything above 40 hours)
We are seekinga HGV Mechanic for our client’s business based in Chorley, Lancashire. The company has been established for over 60 years and are expertsin contract vehicle rental and contract maintenance; offering a comprehensive range of heavy commercial vehicles means they are a market leader in providing specialist vehicle hire across numerous industries, coupled with engineering expertise and outstanding customer service.
They’re looking for an experienced HGV Mechanic to join their existing team who will work on municipal vehicles including gritters and recycle and refuse collection vehicles We are very much looking for a team player to fill thisrole, someone who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines.
You must have previous HGV technical experience and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
Qualified through City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent in Heavy Motor Vehicle Mechanics (Level 3) would be considered an advantage, however qualified by experience/time-served mechanics will be taken into account, additionally, possessing either a Class 1 or Class 2 License would be deemed a benefit
- Carry out inspection, servicing, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner
- Investigate and diagnose faults
- Report findings
- Complete inspection sheets and time sheets
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure the correct parts are ordered
- Carry out all repairs to the current manufacturers’ standards
- Maintain health and safety standards and general housekeeping
Our client prides itself on the standards of service and of all its vehicles. As an HGV Fitter, you will be responsible for carrying out all repairs to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time.
- Hours of work: 08:00 – 17:30 Monday to Thursday
- Hours of work: 08:00 – 16:30 Friday
- c£13.50 per hour, 40 hours paid at the standard rate per hour + 4 hours paid at overtime rate of time and a halfc£20.25 = c£32,292.00 per annum
- Overtime available and paid at time and a half, for example
- 4 hours overtime per week = c£4212.00 per annum
- 8 hours overtime per week = £8424.00 per annum
- Free parking