Do you think information about people should be protected properly?
Do you have excellent analytical and communication skills?
Can you build new and innovative services to make a positive difference to information rights?
We currently have two fantastic opportunities for a Group Manager - Assurance to join our team based in Wilmslow on a permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £45,697 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
As an independent regulator serving the public, the Information Commissioners Office upholds information rights for all. The ICO does this by promoting openness in public bodies, as well as data privacy for individuals, using our powers to enforce the law where necessary.
About the Group Manager - Assurance roles
Assurance activities focus on helping organisations implement appropriate and effective controls in relation to their information rights obligations. We are constantly evolving our approach and looking for new and innovative ways to help organisations achieve regulatory compliance.
The implementation of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 have given the ICO clear operational remits in relation to encouraging the development of Codes of Conduct and Certification schemes as additional accountability tools at its disposal.
The focus of the work is not just on building the internal systems and processes needed to underpin these services but to build wider external engagement and buy-in to their development.
Group Manager - Assurance duties and key responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Head of Assurance (Codes and Certification) in the creation and ongoing development, as well as the effective and efficient operational delivery, of services
- Delivery of a professional and proactive service
- Leading, developing and motivating cross-office teams
Our ideal Group Manager - Assurance will have skills and experience which include:
- Excellent organisational ability and strong leadership skills
- Experience of the development of new and complex assurance products
- Able to work independently to grow lead and motivate teams and co-ordinate activity across the office
- Degree educated or equivalent, with a strong interest in the information rights landscape
- Five years’ experience working and managing teams in an assurance or compliance/regulatory environment
- Excellent intellectual and analytical ability in order to be able to apply complex legislation to a variety of practical circumstances
- Able to rapidly assimilate and digest large volumes of information, lead significant projects and be a clear strategic thinker, able to take the lead and work to achieve organisational goals
- A clear and confident communicator both with the written and spoken word.
- Whilst knowledge of information rights laws would be highly desirable we would also welcome applications from those who can demonstrate experience of applying similarly complex legislation and the ability to adapt quickly.
Why work for us?
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave.
- Civil Service Pension.
- 25 days paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days.
- Extra ‘privilege’ days in addition to normal public holidays.
- Compressed working-hours options.
- Part-time working and job sharing.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Health cash plan.
- Colleague assistance scheme.
- Access to many discounted products and services.
- Welfare and family friendly policies.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing.
- Home working possible (after probationary period).
Closing Date: Midnight on Wednesday 15th August 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Group Manager - Assurance then please click ‘Apply’ today
The ICO is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.