As a result of an internal change, there is an exciting opportunity within the central Business Administration team. The role will help oversee all aspects of NHS transactional processing, data requirements and NHS reporting to ensure full compliance with our business rules and internal processes to maximise revenue and meet Standard Contract obligations. Furthermore the successful candidate will also help support the business processes associated with managing insured patients, including managing contract queries, aged debt and hospital billing system updates.
Reporting to the Financial Controller - Operations as part of a small team your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Oversee NHS compliance reporting. Monitoring performance at site & group level to enhance data quality and optimise SUS reporting, acting as first point of contact for all queries
• Visit sites as required to offer training, support and “advice & guidance” with NHS data quality (DQ) and billing system related issues
• Development & ongoing maintenance of FAQ guidance on NHS data quality processes
• Assist in the management and development of new & existing NHS Standard Operating Policies
• Act as first line contact for any DQ & National Tariff queries from hospital sites, solving and referring on as necessary
• Maintenance of billing system HRG Configuration including the annual update of systems with new NHS tariff details
• Monitoring & compliance of units’ performance against national targets, including but not necessarily limited to, 18 weeks RTT, DMO1, VTE
• Support the business in the negotiation & establishment of NHS Standard Contracts (e.g. information requirements, CQUIN, quality KPIs)
• Performance monitoring on NHS coding by sites to ensure revenue “optimisation”
• Support of annual activity planning process
• Publication to Ramsay’s Intranet NHS portal of DH activity and performance data to sites
• Developing relationships with the key Medical Insurance companies to provide front line billing and query resolution support and provide wider support to the Business Administration Team to support insurer contracting processes
• Analysing Business Intelligence and Patient Administrative System data to identify missed revenue opportunities and initiating corrective action where necessary.
• Act as primary contact for routine queries from hospitals for a portfolio of insurers
• Manage aged debt processes with nominated insurers
• Work with units to ensure compliance to SOPs and agreed business administration processes
• Assisting the business administration team to evaluate existing operational administration processes, identify improvements and assist in rollout across the business
• Participate in business administration audits as required
• Undertaking support for Group wide projects and initiatives under the direction of the Financial Controller- Operations
The role involves visiting Hospitals and therefore there will be regular business travel, on occasions involving staying away from home. Nonetheless it is anticipated that the role will be predominantly home based, but depending upon the geographic location of the successful candidate the role may be hospital based.
The successful candidate will:
• Detailed knowledge of operational functions within a hospital environment
• Experience in managing provider-commissioner relationships in NHS contracts
• Detailed knowledge of NHS national tariff payment systems (including “Payment by Results”) and data requirements, including SUS and UNIFY together with data & reporting requirements within NHS Standard Contract
• Experience in providing training & support within a multi-site organisation
• Advanced Excel and Project management experience
• Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a Team to achieve Team goals and excellence in service delivery
• Demonstrate creativity and diversity to deliver excellent customer service and achieve positive organisational outcomes in line with the Ramsay Way Vision and Values
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of private hospital services in England, with a network of 38 hospitals. These hospitals provide a wide and comprehensive range of specialised and efficient clinical specialties.
Please include a CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory receipt of an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing Date: Friday 8 June 2018