We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The SPE (Sales and Partner Enablement) Infrastructure team at Arm is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic graduate to join our team based in Cambridge with an ambition to become a crucial member of the team.
We combine people, technology and domain specific knowledge to craft tools, services and infrastructure for Arm workforce that improve their productivity. It can be challenging at times, but there are many opportunities for people who take pride in, and enjoy developing these services and systems to make a real difference.
You will join our established team in working closely with the Sales, Technical Communications and the Arm customer support team to provide them with the tools they need to ensure the success of Arm's partners.
You will have a chance to work across a range of systems, services and tools, focusing on developing, maintaining, and running the continuous integration and testing infrastructure of our tools. This will include bespoke and third-party solutions. You will be adept at scripting, designing automated tests, and have a track record of picking up and working with different technologies, for example:
- XML, DITA CMS
- JSON, YAML, Markdown
- The Document Object Model
- Systems integration using REST APIs
- Azure Cloud
As a key member of a small team of engineers, you will engage with team leadership, project management, and other teams in Arm to deliver high-impact improvements and new functionality to our existing tools and code infrastructure. We use CI / CD pipelines to accommodate auto-generated documentation and varied working practises of our documentation teams across Arm, as well as more traditional CMS offerings. Your primary focus will be on the continuous integration and testing infrastructure, but you will contribute to all aspects of software development within the team; you will get involved in developing / supporting the tools used by the Sales and Application Engineering teams, Linux system administration and technical consulting with other teams in Arm to support requirement and solution definition.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Familiar with pipeline automation and deployment frameworks such as Jenkins, AWS, Azure DevOps, Docker.
- Experience in developing and deploying services on-prem or cloud technologies.
- Creating and maintaining scripts to automate routine development activities, such as appliance configuration and system releases.
- Passionate about software development
- Have an active interest in Open Source Software
- Able to develop scripted software i.e. Bash scripting
- Comfortable using cloud-related technologies
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibility
- Aware of Agile methodologies
Education & Qualifications
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or proven meaningful experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. If these principles resonate with you, we'd love to hear from you!
We not I.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t. Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress. Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.