Before completion of the placement, there will be the opportunity to explore future roles and career development. The organisation has a real commitment to ensuring everyone reaches their full potential whilst contributing to the success of the business.
As part of the production team, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will learn to design and develop the lean and flexible manufacturing processes required to deliver at-rate and right-first-time seals into customer’s critical applications. Working alongside production engineers, team leaders and operators you will use engineering and process improvement tools and techniques to develop operational excellence in the precision welding, forming and finishing processes for seal programs.
Successful candidates will have the unrivalled opportunity to experience and contribute to real and critical industrial challenges within an agile, engineering-led and class-leading organisation.
During the 12-month placement, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will be tasked with an individual project targeting improvement of current production processes. You will be expected to research, analyse and create real added value in the area of production process improvement. Whilst challenging, the opportunity and real possibility that your engineering project could both contribute significantly to the organisations knowledge base and be incorporated into live manufacturing processes upon completion are unrivalled.
To be a successful Graduate Manufacturing Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• The right to live and work in the UK.
• Be predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 degree in an engineering / manufacturing / materials degree or equivalent.
• A valid UK driving licence.
• Good engineering / technical knowledge
• Be a competent PC user.
• Experience of statistics and process modelling highly desirable.
• Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is desirable
• Good team player able to work well with and influence others.
• Strong communication skills.
In return, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will receive a salary of £22,000 per annum plus benefits.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.