Global PR Manager - London - up to 50K plus Bonus
My client is one of the world's most well-known multinational telecommunications company, founded over 15 years ago. With some amazing brand work recently and global exciting technology launches, it's an excellent time to be part of the next chapter of their story and development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the global PR team within the external communications function for the brand. Based in London, you will be reporting into Head of External Communications, and part of a team reporting into HQ.
Working within a fast paced and delivery-focused environment, you will be responsible for helping to co-ordinate and drive global PR initiatives as well as support the worldwide network of local PR teams and their extended agencies.
- Serve as a core member of the Global Communications and PR team and assist with strategic and operational aspects of the team and its output including product launches, tradeshow events, media and analyst programmes, and reporting
- Be an integral part of the global PR team, both in London and HQ, and day-to-day liaison with both external agencies (corporate and digital) as well as the local market PR teams
- Assist in delivering PR plans and assets for core areas of brand activity (e.g. product PA and launch activity, product lifecycle stories, software communications, momentum content, etc.) to drive continuous brand awareness and preference through tactical PR activities
- Draft and co-ordinate the regular communications with local PR teams to ensure they stay informed of all global PR assets and plans
- Assist in driving and reviewing the digital PR content alongside the agency to ensure strong news and awareness momentum on the global PR newsroom blog beyond product launches.
- Be an integral member of the team planning, co-ordinating and delivering PR activities related to large scale global events such as MWC, CES, IFA as well as ad-hoc global media events
- Assist local market PR leads and their agencies with ad-hoc requests for reactive media statements as part of issues management.
Please ONLY apply if you possess the following:
- 5+ years' experience working within a large global organisation, ideally within consumer electronics, telco or similar (either in-house or agency side)
- Strong organisation and planning skills across a complex organisation with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- A confident and effective communicator across diverse stakeholder groups
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (English primary language preferred)
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with attention to detail
- Strong project management and organisation skills and ability to lead internal and external resources
- Have a good understanding of media needs and stories that will drive a media news agenda
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms particularly blogging and Twitter
- Experience in planning and executing media events.