Functional Skills tutors in Literacy and Numeracy
We have an opportunity for experienced Functional Skills tutors to join our team to deliver Literacy and Numeracy across a number of contracts. We are seeking an individual who puts the learner first and understands how functional skills fits into apprenticeships.
- to deliver and design functional skills programmes and resources to learners who are recruited on Apprenticeship Frameworks/Standards and standalone qualifications throughout our client's Group.
- to maintain our client's standards by delivering high quality work
- ensuring learners with functional skills needs are supported in achieving their foundation learning requirements in a timely and effective manner.
Key Functional Skills Tutor Responsibilities:
- Delivery of functional skills to learners across all skill levels from Entry to Level 3
- Support other divisions in completing robust initial and diagnostic assessments on learners as directed by your line manager
- Support the organisations business aim and objective to strive for outstanding quality in the delivery of provision
- Design programmes, writing lesson plans and schemes of work to ensure functional skills can be embedded into the vocational areas
- Create delivery materials and resources of support
- Develop & Maintain a CPD schedule to monitor Maths & English needs
- Develop and maintain an effective process to carry out reviews with each learner to monitor progress
- Planning, tracking and progress reporting on all functional skills learners
- Working towards set KPI?s set by your line manager to ensure the smooth running of the apprenticeships programme
- Attending regular staff and standardisation meetings
- Taking part in regular quality observations
- Working to ensure the process, standards and regulations set by awarding organisations are met
- Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English experience as appropriate for area of delivery
Essential Qualifications & Training:
- Full Teaching Qualification i.e. Cert Ed, C&G 7307, CTLLS, DTLLS
- Level 3 English and/or Maths with at least Level 2* in the second subject area. (*CPD to L3 in second subject will be required)
- To work to deadlines and under pressure
- To deal effectively with challenging behaviour
- To work flexibly and to have a creative approach to meeting targets
- To build successful relationships with other staff, students and third parties
- The motivation to encourage high levels of achievement
- A competitive starting salary of £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata rising quickly as you achieve your * qualifications and gain further experience (Negotiable based on experience)
- Contract Type: Temp until July 2018
- Professional & financial support in gaining the appropriate training and assessing qualifications
- 20 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career opportunities as our business continues to grow
- Dedicated training
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage a diverse range of talent to apply.
To be considered for the Functional Skills Tutor position, please send us your CV through the APPLY button at the bottom of the page. You should receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. Please keep an eye out for this as it contains important information about the Functional Skills Tutor vacancy.