Location: Brixton, London
Salary: Competitive basic (reviewed annually) + benefits including training budget, zone 1&2 travel card, monthly wellness allowance and more, generous pension, regular company away days & an open and engaging environment (scroll down to see the rest)!
An innovative London-based digital design and development studio is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team.
Founded in 2004, they are a team of 28 (and growing) talented developers and designers based in Brixton, south-west London with an amazing view over the entire London skyline.
They lovingly design and build websites and apps for forward-thinking digital start-ups and enterprise-level organisations. Partnering with technology startups and widely recognised brands, they work on some of the most exciting digital projects in the banking, telecoms, government, media, charity, health and insurance sectors, bringing exciting new ideas, strategies and visions to life.
They are now looking to expand their talented team of developers with someone who can bring passion, pride, skill and enthusiasm to the role.
About the Role
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be working on enterprise-level code frameworks or cutting edge technologies for their own products. You will not be afraid to take on the most technical tasks on your project but also ensure that there is delegation across to the team to help everyone develop and learn new skills.
Outside of your projects, you will be involved in wider discussions to help shape the technical direction of the company and choose the right tools for the challenges that lie ahead.
What You'll Need
- Ability to write meaningful, maintainable, clean code
- Experience working with React or similar framework
- Care a lot about your HTML/CSS
- Comfortable with writing server-side code in Node.js
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Good eye for design detail and finesse
- Ability to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people
- A good communicator and strong team player
Bonus points for
- Real interest in cross-platform and native app development
- Fluency in two or more programming languages
- Experience building libraries or tools for developer use
- An online portfolio of websites, apps, or a GitHub profile you can explore together
- Eligibility to work in the UK (although they are open to supporting visa applications)
What's On Offer
- Regular feedback and a chance to discuss your professional development in detail twice a year
- A friendly but focused work environment to help you concentrate on what you do best
- Plenty of lunches and team events
- Hack days and time to work on your own projects
- Training budget for conferences and/or online learning
- Zones 1 & 2 London travelcard
- A monthly wellness allowance for gym or anything else that keeps you fit, healthy and happy
- Generous company pension
- Chance to play ping pong, football, badminton, dodgeball and tennis with your colleagues
- Regular company away days (e.g. white water rafting, camping, sailing, skiing/snowboarding in the Alps)
- The best view in South London from their towers!
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.