Front-end Software Developer
Salary: To £40,000 + extensive benefits
- Front-end Software Developer for DBT - Part of RBI and the FTSE100 RELX Group
- Full time role based from grade-2 listed offices close to the waterfront
- Salary to £40,000 + 29 days holiday + paid charity days + pension + share options scheme + more!
If you're a talented Software Engineer and would like the opportunity to work with a group of like-minded colleagues in a dynamic digital team and from a Grade-II listed house in the grounds of a Stately Home just a short walk from the beautiful Hampshire coast, then this could be the role for you!
DBT is an Internet and database software development company working primarily in the agriculture, retail and animal health industries. We create data driven content managed websites and extranets; intelligent reporting and bespoke web-based business critical systems and data management services. We are challenged by our multi-national clients to develop and deploy highly scalable, complex, web-enabled database applications. These may be as diverse as a content-managed website dynamically personalised by a large data warehouse, an online business intelligence tool that enables customers to interrogate and report on their data from anywhere in the world; or a sophisticated e-commerce presence that provides fresh, innovative features to its users through its creative use of technology.
DBT is part of Reed Business Information and the FTSE100 RELX Group, a highly respected technology / Data & Analytics business recently ranked by Forbes as #53 in their top Global Employers list.
DBT (part of Proagrica Group) is looking for an experienced Front End Developer with strong programming skills and a good eye for design & layout to join its expanding technical team in Fareham, Hampshire.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within the Front End and Digital teams at DBT which create rich, responsive, content-managed and data driven web applications & websites using the latest front-end technologies.
What skills are we looking for?
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Front End Frameworks (Bootstrap, Zurb, Pure, UI Kit etc.)
- jQuery Frameworks (jQueryUI, KendoUI etc.)
- CSS Pre-processors (SASS and LESS)
- Responsive and Mobile Design - Commercial experience and thorough knowledge of responsive design and experience of mobile-specific design.
- Content Management Systems - Knowledge and experience of template creation with various CMS platforms. Knowledge of Umbraco and CrownPeak very useful.
- E-commerce Platforms - Knowledge and experience of template creation with E-Commerce platforms, such as Magento
- Cross-Browser Development - Thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
Nice to have:
- JS Frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- MVC Architecture - Knowledge / experience of working within MVC projects with views and using Razor scripting.
- Git and Version Control Systems - Knowledge of GitHub, BitBucket or similar systems.
- SQL & SQL Server Products
- Others - Axure, Marketo, CrownPeak CMS
Visual Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator (Adobe CC Suite products), Sublime Text, SQL Management Studio
Interviewing will be in two phases, an initial and largely technical telephone interview followed by a more in-depth interview at our offices.
It would be extremely useful, and beneficial to their application, if the candidate is able to demonstrate URLs, an online portfolio or be able to provide screenshots (or any relevant material) of some of the more important or advanced web systems that they have worked on.
If selected for a further interview, the candidate will be asked to complete a short design task in their own time at home. We would then ask that the candidate comes in to discuss their solution and meet the management at DBT.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%.
We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women's network forum
- Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.