Our client is a market leader in the International transport and shipping industry, specialising in providing global transport solutions by air, road and sea to exporters and importers throughout the UK, with clients ranging from sole traders through to multinational Blue chip companies.
Working as part of a team the Internal Sales Executive will support the sales team in calculating freight quotations. Negotiate with suppliers to achieve optimum buying rates
You will handle extensive existing client liaison (Account Management) and submit and following up existing client quotations to secure orders
You will keep a weekly log of the existing client quotations and raise sales correspondence as well as general administrative duties
In order to apply for you will have..
* Multi-modal freight forwarding experience, ideally with an export bias.
* Either Sales / customer service or Operations experience.
* Proven success of handling and calculating RFQ's and tender submissions.
* Experience of negotiating with clients and or suppliers.
* Key account management experience with proven success of developing relationships.
* Experience of calculating KPI reports.
* Experience of face to face client and supplier meeting.
* Good administrative skills.
* Good numerical skills.
* Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Confident communicator. (Written and verbal)
* A positive and engaging personality.
* Can do sales / customer service orientation.
* Strong work ethic.
* Good attention to detail.
* Calm under pressure.