Food Technical Manager
Salary depending on experience
Our global client who manufacturers bespoke food products via 3rd part processing are seeking to recruit a Technical Manager who has vast experience working ina similar role.
To manage the Quality Management System. This includes:
• Lead the development and timely publishing of product technical specifications whilst ensuring legal verification and sign-off.
• Keep up to date with labelling legislation and ensure all our inner and outer packaging bears the correct label complying with all necessary legislation (focus on EU/UK, US).
• Ensure technical support through the NPD process from preliminary idealisation to product and packaging concept realisation.
• Where required, be responsible for customer non-conformance enquiries, ensuring a responsive and pro-active investigation, with detailed reports, and adequate corrective and preventative actions.
• Drive best in class quality standards by visiting suppliers and advising on remedial work required if necessary.
• Lead the food safety / product recall process as a (secondary) Technical 24 hour crises contact and Product Recall Coordinator
Qualifications and training
A degree in food science/technology or a related science
Previous experience of managing a Quality or Technical department in the food industry.
Knowledge and skills
Comprehensive understanding of GMP, BRC and HACCP with advanced knowledge of hygiene standards
Motivated and energetic individual with a drive to succeed in a rapidly growing organisation
Specific aptitudes / skills
Good commercial experience in dealing with suppliers and customers
High level of computer literacy with report writing skills
This job will include close co-ordination and co-operation with operations/sales coordinators across global offices outside the UK.
For immediate consideration please apply today including a covering letter.