Marks Sattin are proud to be partnering a fantastic global business in Wakefield who are looking to add a commercially minded accountant to there finance team. This candidate doesnt need to be qualified but has to have strong SQL experience, please note your CV will not be considered if you do not have SQL experience.
The sucessful candidate will be responsible for consolidating the financial reporting of the company's multiple international subsidiaries and forming the narrative which supports the company's trading and forecasts. It is expected that the succesful candidate will form impactful relationships as they business partner with the senior management team to drive exceptional decision making. This role will also be key in maximising the company's use of financial data to understand and drive performance.
- Development of group reporting: altering existing group reporting in line with IFRS changes; introducing new reporting; improving existing systems and processes.
- Assist the Finance Controller in the preparation of the monthly reporting packs: updating reports with the latest results and variances; forming supporting commentary; meeting corporate deadlines.
- Take the lead in the fortnightly cash flow forecasting process: managing the regional submission process; preparing and presenting the group report to senior management; forming the commentary to understand the company's cash flows.
- Review and challenge regional performance vs forecast to provide clarity over drivers of Group performance to the senior management team.
- Support monthly calls with international finance teams.
- Support and drive the forecasting cycles in partnership with regional finance leads; drive improvements in the company's forecasting processes and outputs.
- Drive projects to improve FP&A processes and outputs including the development of new systems and tools.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, complex formula)
- Great relationship building skills; able to develop close and constructive relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills; written & oral
- Intellectual curiosity focused on understanding the factors affecting commercial performance
- Ability to dissect multiple financial data sets to provide focused understanding of performance
- Experience of working in a group finance function and consolidating inputs from multiple teams.
- Experience of financial consolidation systems: (MS Dynamics, Sage, Epicor, Hyperion, etc.) will be considered.
- Process improvement experience.
- Experience using SQL to query data sets.
WHMSYORKS REF: 16888599