Leica Microsystems requires a Field Service Engineer to join our team. You will ideally be located within the North Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire area to carry out professional service, repair and installation of products and IT solutions at customer sites, including electrical and mechanical testing, in accordance with maintenance contracts, to achieve optimum customer satisfaction levels. You will need to be able to diagnose system failures and determine the most cost-effective solutions. Escalating more complex issues to greater level of technical support. As part of the role you will also develop new customer service and product agreements to achieve revenue and utilisation targets, as well as perform basic introductory training to customers for new installations or upgrades. The successful candidate will have a technical background with 2+ years in a similar role.
Requirements for the role:
- Ability to plan own work and work unsupervised
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Good fluency in English
- Strong communication skills
- Basic ability to sell and promote service contracts products
- Familiarity with standard IT tools (Windows, MS Office)
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Understanding of importance of standardised processes
- Service Product market awareness
- Technical Product Knowledge - Understanding the complexity of the products
- Ability to drive customer satisfaction
- Effective time management and personal organisation
- Do what it takes attitude
- Continuous improvement is the goal
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.