We have an opportunity for a Farm Secretary to join our team at the Brinsbury Farm at our Brinsbury campus on a part time permanent basis working 22.2 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £18,358 - £20,068 per annum (i.e. £11,014.80 - £12,040.80).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Farm Secretary, you will be a keen and motivated individual and will provide professional and specialist secretarial support to the Farm enterprise.
Our Farm Secretary duties and key responsibilities:
- Complete the annual BPS forms.
- Complete all livestock paperwork and records.
- Liaising with the Rural Payment Agency and the British Cattle Service and completing forms for government grants and subsidies.
- Dealing with livestock subsidy claims.
- Annual and monthly checks and procedures.
- Compile a farm diary to provide information for students.
- Compile quotes for machinery and other purchases.
- Work closely with farm staff and assist with any administrative work; typing, filing and other general administrative tasks.
- Keeping animal movement records and passports updated.
- Keeping records of livestock and crops, to help with planning future crop and stock levels.
- Keeping up to date with farming, health and safety and tax laws.
Skills & Experience required of our Farm Secretary:
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in agricultural or farm management
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience
- Knowledge of the farming industry, Microsoft applications and Administrative processes
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels verbally and in writing
- IT and Keyboard skills
- Flexible and proactive approach with a keen attention to detail
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
Closing date: 10 May 2018
Interview date: 23 May 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Farm Secretary, then please click ‘Apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.