Job title: Facilities Manager
Location: HP2 4TZ, Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £50,000 - £58,000 plus additional benefits
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
We are currently looking for a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for managing the day to day activities, materials, equipment and resources required to ensure an effective office support service to the HUB location and associated satellite location.
Facilities Manager Responsibilities:
- Facilities Management: In conjunction with EU Facilities Manager
- To manage and negotiate office leases in alignment to Global Real Estate & Facilities (GREFAC) policy and leadership.
- To implement and maintain the ‘Connected Work Place’ standards in accordance with the Global Design Guidelines.
- Responsible for Facilities management (e.g. parking management, meeting capacity management).
- To maintain accurate building and site master drawings reflecting as-built and as-used conditions. Maintain current and historical revision control of drawings.
- Vendor and Contract Managers:
- To manage the day to day operations with office services vendors and contractors and coordinate the general administration and reception staff to ensure efficiency
- Responsible for Sourcing management (e.g. Company Car management, implementing associated VIPs on Office Supplies via recommended EU supplier, Freight) by being the person of contact for employee and vendor and collaborate with Finance, Procurement and HR.
- To act as a liaison, to manage and negotiate contracts with external vendors in office equipment and contract services.
- To control and verify the maintenance of the quality of service provided by these office suppliers.
- Environmental Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance to European and Local EH&S directives.
- Support and integrate EH&S programs and performance into operations.
- Responsible for financial planning and performance.
- Introduce local VIP (value improvement process) program with budget annual savings targeted.
- General / Other:
- To establish, document, and monitor office services metrics to measure productivity and ensure key objectives are met.
- To ensure office service activities comply with applicable regulations & company policies.
- To help organize and facilitate local events.
- Governance piece. Connection to other Office Service Manager. Learnings and improvements as a council etc.
Facilities Manager Key Requirements:
- Extensive experience in a Facilities Manager role
- Experience with vendor management/negotiating service fees/contracts
- Experience with project management -running and initiating projects
- Experience with building services (planning & controlling); Facility maintenance support
- Experience with costs management; worked with/on VIP’s(value improvement process); driving continuous improvement(process optimization and implementation)
- Experience with managing a (project) team
- Able to oversee the bigger picture and connect dots related to business needs
- Pro-active approach; always one or two steps ahead
- Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
In return, you will receive a salary of £50,000 - £58,000 as well as additional benefits that include but are not limited to: 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays),Private Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare Scheme, Life assurance scheme, Income protection scheme, Global Employee Stock Ownership Plan option, Childcare vouchers, Eye Care, Gym membership.
If you’re interested in Facilities Manager role, APPLY now!
At Boston Scientific, we work collaboratively to solve healthcare’s toughest problems by developing solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life threatening conditions and the healthcare professionals who provide their care. Across 100+ countries, we help providers deliver care more effectively by reducing costs, increasing efficiencies and expanding access to care in order to help more people in more places live longer, healthier lives. We go beyond our mission of transforming patient lives by investing in the future and the well-being of our employees and our planet. Our commitment to sustainability is evident in our Newsweek ranking as the 16th greenest company in the U.S. We also strive to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment and provide opportunities for our 29,000+ employees around the world to serve in their local communities. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com