External Area Sales Manager with proven sales experience in heavy-side construction materials and related products, or with experience of selling into the groundworks / civil engineering sector.
Our client is a leading distributor of groundwork, civil engineering, drainage materials and related products, employing over 200 people across 4 key distribution centres within the South East.
To support their continued growth they are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced External Area Sales Manager to cover a territory which includes central, north and north west London radiating out as far north as Milton Keynes and west towards Maidenhead.
Working for a market leader you will receive a strong starting basic of up to £45,000, a very generous bonus structure, company vehicle, pension contributions and excellent opportunities for career progression.
This is a field based position negotiating sales on behalf of the Company in accordance with your budget and profit margin, representing and promoting our clients good name and ensuring that you present the products and services skilfully and with confidence.
You will be an excellent communicator, preferably with existing contacts from within the industry. You will have good civils products knowledge, strong sales ability and margin awareness. Due to the nature of the role you will have a full driving licence and be prepared to travel as and when required.
- Proven track record in new business development
- Experienced in cold calling within market and geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to grow, maintain and leverage your network of contacts
- Ability to identify potential clients and the appropriate decision makers
- Ability to research and build relationships with new clients
- Plan approaches and pitches to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns and objectives
- Participate in pricing
- Ability to handle objections by clarifying, emphasising and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- The ability to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Disciplined and able to organise a busy schedule effectively
- Focussed and persistent with a will to win
- Team player able to work effectively with colleagues to deliver excellent customer service
- Knowledge of the drainage, groundwork and civil engineering industries would be an advantage
- Experience of the Builders Merchants sector would also be advantageous
What's on offer?
In return for the right candidate an attractive package is on offer including a basic salary of up to £45,000 + bonus + car + pension
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more please apply and we will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.