Our client is an independent freight and logistics company who specialise in Sea and Air Freight Shipping, European Logistics and Bulk Haulage. Well established they provide superior quality export and transportation services across the UK, Ireland and the rest of the world. Building and developing a reputation for professional, efficient and friendly services.
Role Title: DEEPSEA EXPORT OPERATIONS
Reports To: Director
Status: Permanent full time
Salary Range: £18-20k PA
Core Role Responsibilities
* Receive, process and manage incoming customer quotes and bookings in agreed timescales to company standards and guidelines
* Supplier and customer rate negotiation to approved levels of authority
* Liaise with Suppliers to fulfil customer bookings covering the full range of requirements in terms of:
Quality of data into a computerised Freight system
Job tracking and customer communication throughout
Closing the job when completed to customer satisfaction
* Quote chasing and conversion on "live" jobs
* Identifying and pursuing new selling/sales opportunities
* Proactive risk assessment of each customer job the Operator is responsible for
* Accountable for ensuring highest levels of data quality input into Fast Freight in the timescales required
The successful candidate must have had some previous experience in the freight Sector. They will be a good team player, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work on their own initiative with the ability to interpret and execute agreed company guidelines and policies. Proven problem solving and negotiation skills are critical as are customer focus and the ability to build rapport over the phone. Planning & organising skills are essential together with excellent levels of attention to detail and a structured approach to work.
Candidates from the Wolverhampton, Dudley, Oldbury and West Bromwich area would be ideally placed for this role.