Lexxion is a dynamic legal publisher based in Berlin, with a strong focus on niche areas of European law and policy. Our core areas of competences include EU competition, data protection, substances and environmental law, as well as exciting new projects in emerging technologies and digitalisation. In all these fields Lexxion publishes journals, books and blogs, and hosts conferences, trainings and seminars for legal professionals, academics and policy makers. Through our various knowledge platforms, we work with the thought leaders in these legal fields and help provide an expert, unbiased analysis that can shape the future of Europe.
For further information about Lexxion, including its full presentation, publications catalogue and list of events, see: www.lexxion.eu
Lexxion is offering the following full-time position (40 hrs/week) in its Berlin team:
Executive Editor (Berlin based)
Overview of role and requirements
As an Executive Editor, your main tasks include:
- Daily management of legal journals (quick-scan reviews, language and formatting editing and typesetting of received manuscripts; liaising with authors, reviewers and editorial team; planning content, setting and adhering to production deadlines);
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the relevant legal and policy areas; pro-actively curate the journals to reflect interesting developments in the focus fields;
- Create and implement outreach and business development initiatives to enhance the visibility of the journals (conducted in cooperation with Lexxion’s Marketing team);
- Develop ideas for and thematically plan seminars and conferences together with our Conference Managers (e.g. propose topics, solicit speakers, discuss relevance of topics with event partners);
- Support the Social Media team to strengthen Lexxion’s social media presence.
You have a strong interest in European law and policy. You are excellent at planning and organising your work and that of others. You have good people-skills and feel confident working together with and approaching high-level experts. You have attention for detail but also an affinity to big-picture, strategic thinking. Backgrounds (ideally master level diplomas) in EU law / affairs and international economic law / affairs and a thorough command of written and spoken English are essential. Background in the specific fields of State aid, public procurement or food law is not necessary but will be considered a plus. Prior experience in publishing is a significant advantage. Familiarity with social media and a keen interest in digital technologies are highly desirable.
Lexxion offers to the successful applicant the chance to:
- Expand your network - opportunity to work closely with leading experts from: EU institutions and agencies, top-tier law firms, major companies, international legal academics and professionals;
- Expand your editorial experience in a dynamic publishing house with an international reach, enhance your business acumen in some of the most burgeoning fields of EU law;
- Professional environment that supports self-initiative - flat hierarchy and freedom to turn your ideas into reality;
- Work in a young, international team; both English and German are accepted as working languages in our office;
- Attractive location in Berlin, Germany – a vibrant, international city, consistently rated among the top in the world for quality of life;
- Regular travel for business purposes within the EU;
- Attend top events in the fields of the journals you coordinate;
- 2-year fixed contract with the possibility to transition to permanent employment;
- Competitive salary adjusted to the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
Please address any inquiring and expression of interests (complete with a brief CV, motivation letter and salary expectations) to Nelly Stratieva, Head of Editorial Department, using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal starting date for the successful applicant is 1 July 2018 but a different arrangement could be negotiated.