Executive Assistant & Interpreter (Chinese speaking)
We are looking for a responsible Executive Assistant & Interpreter (Chinese - English) to support the intra region operations between our UK and Chinese facilities and management teams. The role will be highly integrated with the key decision makers ensuring strong communication lines are established and maintained. With access to business critical information this role will give unique insight into the operations of a modern international software and services organisation. As part of your responsibilities you will provide written and audio Interpreter services to all areas of the business making sure to maintain meaning and tone.
In your role as Executive Assistant your main duties will include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Ultimately, you should be able to identify and address the needs of senior managers and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. The ideal candidate has previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a tech environment.
The Interpreter responsibilities include assimilating speakers' words quickly, including jargon and acronyms and understanding the context of conversations whilst writing notes to aid memory. In addition you will be required to prepare paperwork - reviewing agendas before meetings and speeches when received in advance.
To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in both Chinese and UK English.
This is a rare opportunity to perform an important functional role within AAM as we continue to expand our business into the Chinese market and to have unique top level experience with the senior leaders of the business.
What you will be doing…
- Translation of all intra region meetings including senior leadership team meetings, one to ones, tech meetings and other operational meetings as required i.e. act as main translator between our UK and China business teams
- Translation of technical materials and software plus act as coordinator for all localisation services
- Be the key point of contact between executives and employees for both our Chinese and UK based teams
- Build up specialist vocabulary banks for effective interpreting
- Work to a professional code of ethics covering confidentiality and impartiality
- Organise workload and liaise with different regional departments, agencies and employers
- Coordinate calendars of Chinese team and UK senior managers as well as planning appointments and events
- Undertake travel, Visa and Chinese official approval arrangements
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Respond promptly to managers’ queries
Who you are…
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proven work experience as an Executive Assistant, Executive Administrator and Interpreter/Translator or similar role
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to forge strong bonds with key stakeholders and speak at different levels of technical understanding
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Solid experience with office management systems & MS Office
- Familiarity with online systems including calendars and cloud systems
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or an industry standard certification
- Able to balance a large workload and prioritise effectively
- A strong self-starter with high attention to detail
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of software development, Digital Cinema market and technologies
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
A generous salary, bonus and benefits package along with a comfortable working environment within a friendly and social team is offered to the successful applicant.
The best people deserve only THE best...
- Eligible to participate in Annual Bonus scheme (discretionary based on company and personal performance)
- 23 days holiday per year PLUS 3 days over the Christmas period.
- Flexible working practices
- Private medical insurance
- Medical cash back plan
- Income protection insurance
- Life insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Loyalty Discount Cards
- Weekly Fruit Drops
- Last Friday of each month Social
- Lots of fun!
Unfortunately Arts Alliance Media cannot assist with Visa Sponsorship.
Only applicants who have a full entitlement to work in the UK will be considered for this role.